Options

My first paid wedding! Woohooh! :D

2»

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    I absolutely love this series - you've got colours, comps, expressions and totally captured an atmosphere. A+!
  • Options
    squiddysquiddy Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009

So I need a flash, is that what I'm hearing? :) I actually have an SB600 on the way, so we'll have to see if that improves my game next time around.

Post some after wit the flash - i'm wanting the same one! :)

Beautiful photos. When i look at wedding photos i look as more of a bride than a photog. I'd be happy with these!
  • Options
    bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    Shima wrote:
    Very nice job for your first wedding! You have a great eye and did a wonderful job with the lighting. Some of these seem very grainy though, so I'd be a little careful of what ISO you use, as that may have caused this. Other than that, fabulous first wedding job!

(4 and 11 are two of the more noticeable ones with grain)

Yeah I shot quite a few of these at 6400-12800 ISO. :) I turned NR of in camera and in post. I should probably use some Lightroom NR next time. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2009
    kwcrow wrote:
    Great work! One CC though. From looking at your PP work here ( http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=133532 ). I think you might be the best PP that I have ever seen. I think the Bride deserves some of your skills to remove the couple of pimples that you left in the shots. Also the fathers teeth could use some slight whitening.

Thanks for the compliment! :) I agree with your thoughts on some minor beauty re-touching, definitely. I have the ability to do pretty much anything I want with a photo, but for wedding photos, much like my sports stuff, I really like to have everything look as genuine and real as possible. I will try and see what I can do with some minor LR cloning and clarity tweaks. I'll edit one of the bride shots and post it here.
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2009
    Great job on your first wedding. Nice capture of the bride looking out with her dad.

I really the like the father/bride shots, too. Some of my faves. :)
  • Options
    insanefredinsanefred Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    Fantastic job...iloveyou.gif

just one thing... what's up with the borders!?headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2009
    insanefred wrote:
    Fantastic job...iloveyou.gif

just one thing... what's up with the borders!?headscratch.gif

Eh, I saw this other wedding photog using borders/matte as opposed to watermarks. I am not really trying to "protect" my images as much as brand them so I went with it. Good point though. Feedback on my "borders" would be cool too. :)
  • Options
    pward76pward76 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    As a father, I would pay big bucks for #12 . The look on the brides face is very moving. Excellent job.
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2009
    pward76 wrote:
    As a father, I would pay big bucks for #12 . The look on the brides face is very moving. Excellent job.

THANKS! When I took this shot I was so excited. I felt it represented so much. There is so many cool interpretations of that image. Such symbolism. I really appreciate someone seeing what I saw in it. :)
  • Options
    Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    Eh, I saw this other wedding photog using borders/matte as opposed to watermarks. I am not really trying to "protect" my images as much as brand them so I went with it. Good point though. Feedback on my "borders" would be cool too. :)

I am not a fan of borders, I don't want to detract from the pictures in any way, just MO. If your set on using borders I would suggest, for lack of a better word, a "duller" color, something that does not draw the eye away from the shots.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    wow
    I can't believe this is your first paid shoot!!! You are amazing! I really like the intimacy and emotion, as well as the storytelling aspect. Very very nice work!!!!
    Lisa
    My Website
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2009
    I can't believe this is your first paid shoot!!! You are amazing! I really like the intimacy and emotion, as well as the storytelling aspect. Very very nice work!!!!

Thanks! Storytelling is my ultimate goal at an event shoot. Glad to hear it's working. :)
  • Options
    Dave PDave P Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Bloom:

I'm certainly no pro photographer, but to my eyes, as a consumer, those are some great images. In other words, I'd hire you in a NY minute. :D

As far as specific pricing goes, I'm clueless. But, after running a successful service business over the past decade, I've at least learned one thing: Basing your prices on what competitors charge is generally a bad idea. Your service is not the same as theirs, and you have different financial goals to achieve.

Enough of that....:D Thanks for the excellent shots and text. I'm learning a lot here.

Dave
  • Options
    scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    great shots, #12 is my favorite.
  • Options
    Chris_NDChris_ND Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    not sure if this has been said but, I always usually touch up on the skin, and teeth. =/

Something maybe people are like..eeh shy about? if they don't have those pearly whites, But it makes the pictures look a little better.

Just something to think about. But, you're the one getting paid not me =) hahaha so that's just my measly .02

Other wise my horrible criticism, amazing shots. Cake shot was funny also!