My only son (C&C appreciated)

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited June 12, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This wasn't worthy of the whippin post, so I thought i'd put it up here to get some feedback.

Took this yesterday while trying out my cheapie wide angle extention on my 50 / 1.8. The first pic is SOOC with just a crop, the second is my attempt at some PP. I do like the way my edits came out, but was wondering what could be done better as far as lighting / highlights. any and all comments welcomed.

DSC_9051_crop.jpg

DSC_9051copy.jpg

thanks in advance,
Devin.
Devin

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    Good looking dog and nice picture.......I think the background is a little distracting and I would have cloned out the stuff in the corner of the dogs left eye....
  • ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    My question is why use the cheap wide angle adapter? I mean for this shot you just cropped it anyways to what I only imagine would be closer to what your 50mm would have given you in the first place.

just curious.
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Good looking dog and nice picture.......I think the background is a little distracting and I would have cloned out the stuff in the corner of the dogs left eye....

ah, i didn't even notice that.. thanks i'll fix the goop in his eye and see what i can do about the background.

Toshido - I was just trying out the cheapie wide angle I had just received and was just snapping pics to see the difference with/without. it's crap btw, might as well throw it away :cry

thanks for commenting
    Devin
  • ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    I purchased a telephoto and a wide angle adaptor like that for my Powershot S3, along with an adaptor to mount them.
    On that platform the wide angle particularly was neat, but not so much on the SLR. Of course that was with a supercheap piece of chinese knock off lens thing.