Options

A few from Freesone

xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited June 22, 2009 in Sports
It was hot as been said before. These are a few of mine from around the track. Hope you like them. CC as always.

561291864_qwBPh-L.jpg

558487185_jGkA9-L-1.jpg

558487350_6Akr6-L-1.jpg

558622482_4V38H-L.jpg

559514376_gRkk7-L.jpg

561251891_3QAFw-L.jpg

561256630_FivDC-L.jpg

561260826_8gXNd-L.jpg

561270292_JwTKP-L.jpg

561278983_3MsTg-L.jpg
xtnomad :wink

Comments

• Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    I like the second to the last the best,
    The watermark is a bit over the top. Don't get me wrong, I am a big proponent of conspicuous WM's but this one is really beating up the shots.
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    #1 Crop some off the bottom

#2 Greatclap.gif

#3 Crop out the yellow cone on the right side

#4, #5, #6, #7 Great shotsbowdown.gif

#8 Good

#9 Crop out the yellow on the bottom

#10 Crop out the distraction on the bottom left
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2009
    beetle8 wrote:
    I like the second to the last the best,
    The watermark is a bit over the top. Don't get me wrong, I am a big proponent of conspicuous WM's but this one is really beating up the shots.

If you think this is over the top, this is the super light version. A few years ago I was shooting at the local tracks and sales fell off. I started clicking on the myspace links in some of the fourms and started seeing my photos on the sites ( even with the heavy WM ) so I have just gotten use to it. So I dropped the prices and still sales dropped off and just stopped showing up at the local tracks. I am not trying to make a living off of photography but the equipment and site cost soap box has been stood on by most of us to help support our hobby. I just do not belive in letting them go for free. :D
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2009
    #1 Crop some off the bottom

#2 Greatclap.gif

#3 Crop out the yellow cone on the right side

#4, #5, #6, #7 Great shotsbowdown.gif

#8 Good

#9 Crop out the yellow on the bottom

#10 Crop out the distraction on the bottom left

Thank You. And yes most of the shots need a little work, I am not trying to get famous with the shots but I will have some large prints made to hang in the shop and friends shops. The large prints will go thru editing and croping. I love going to a event and getting some shots from the spectator ticket and coming away with a few shots that look like I had a photog pass. Freestone is a hard track to shot as a spectator and not be able to pick your back grounds ect. All in all I had a great day with friends and got a lot of sun and some Keepers for the wall. wings.gif
  • Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    xtnomad wrote:
    If you think this is over the top, this is the super light version. A few years ago I was shooting at the local tracks and sales fell off. I started clicking on the myspace links in some of the fourms and started seeing my photos on the sites ( even with the heavy WM ) so I have just gotten use to it. So I dropped the prices and still sales dropped off and just stopped showing up at the local tracks. I am not trying to make a living off of photography but the equipment and site cost soap box has been stood on by most of us to help support our hobby. I just do not belive in letting them go for free. :D
    As I said, I am a big proponent for conspicuous WM's
    Also I see you also captured a Dude in the BG who's handholding a big prime, there's gonna be a lot of guys walking around the MX scene with Popeye arms, :D
  • Options
    jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    beetle8 wrote:
    Also I see you also captured a Dude in the BG who's handholding a big prime, there's gonna be a lot of guys walking around the MX scene with Popeye arms, :D

Thats funny, that happens to be the most prominent moto photog, Simon Cudby.
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2009
    jwashburn wrote:
    Thats funny, that happens to be the most prominent moto photog, Simon Cudby.

And he has a cool Smugmug site too. mwink.gif
  • Options
    2wistd2wistd Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited June 22, 2009
    i sure like the bright colors of the shots, puts you close to the action.