DSS 27 - This time it's final!!!

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited June 13, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
So I am truly down to two candidates for this challenge. I am really stuck between the two. I like them both equally but for different reasons. At this point, I'm almost compelled to do a coin toss to determine which one to enter. Before I do so, I'd like to reach out to you all to see if there is one that outshines the other. Please keep in mind the theme of the challenge when voting. A simple #1 or #2 will do. Of course, I love to hear more C&C if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks in advance for looking and also for the help on my previous threads.

SO... here they are:

#1 - The Mute (thanks for the title idea Kat)

561466134_kGHWn-L.jpg

#2 - One Round Knockout

560279826_kCi8h-L.jpg

Thanks again for looking and voting!

Alex (you can call me Cuban) :D
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    You can't go wrong with #1, it's right on the theme and it is beautifully processed.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    You can't go wrong with #1, it's right on the theme and it is beautifully processed.

Sorry, fixed it. I meant to say you can't go wrong with #1. It is awesome!
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Well I like Cuban... Hmpfff..

so,, Cuban..

I like both... there hope that helps...:D:D:D

Man this is a hard choice... I like the presence of the boxer.. I mean it has muscles, shadows, power, sweat and a lot of attitude and it is technically a harder shot skill wise...

However,,, technically speaking, the mute is technically dead on as far as no technical nit pic problems like the little bit of blowout....

soooooooooooooo... I can't believe your asking us to choose..

I guess "The Mute" it has to be what your thinking too, because you did a re-shoot,, so I say "trust your gut" in the end, and if you felt a re-shoot was in order, then go with the "Mute" The Mute does have a lot of creativity behind the title and the fits the theme strongly..

P.S. I see some of the mouth on my monitor.. is that intentional?

eek7.gifhuheek7.gif Thereeeeee I did it.. I chose.. now outta of here before I change my mind...

Good Luck..Cubanthumb.gif
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    OK. Here I go being the oddball again. rolleyes1.gif

I like both, but I would give #2 a slight edge. I love the cocked eyebrow and how the photo looks almost 3 dimensional.
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    #1 wow! that is a "grab" kind of picture.
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    I think your original entry with the fists and the eyes is stronger than both these... I think you started to over analyze your photos... These two just dont have an impact on me like your original. These ones...Eh...next... But your first one man it is intense!!! Just my opinion. But technically good photos...
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    I personally like all 3. Sorry for not helping you to narrow your decision. :D
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    DeuceFour wrote:
    I think your original entry with the fists and the eyes is stronger than both these... I think you started to over analyze your photos... These two just dont have an impact on me like your original. These ones...Eh...next... But your first one man it is intense!!! Just my opinion. But technically good photos...

I humbly disagree,, but I am one opinion in many, so I say you put it up for vote Cuban,,, just in case... there is still time..thumb.gif

Kat