Emily

sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
edited June 13, 2009 in People
It's been a while since I've posted any pics of my kids. Here's one from today, well yesterday now. I tried to post earlier, then a storm took out my power. I got the serious look- very typical for the intellectual 12 year old lately.

561476725_q2i9C-XL.jpg

I wish the entire t-shirt were visible- there is a little fish with bubbles coming out of it's mouth. She's been learning French and Latin, so she started creating shirts in those languages.

Caroline

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Nice shot. I probably would have cropped a bit off the bottom where her leg shows, but I get that you wanted to show the t-shirt - which is very cool, by the way.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Absolutely love it - you have captured a very clear personality!! Beautiful catchlights, too.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Absolutely love it - you have captured a very clear personality!! Beautiful catchlights, too.

Thanks! I was practicing with natural light, so I was very pleased with the catchlights.

My first instinct was to crop closer, but I did indeed want to keep the wording on the shirt. I'll probably create a cropped copy.

Caroline
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Very nice, sharp, natural capture Caroline. I prefer the natural light as well. A couple of thoughts:

- I would go for a bit tighter crop on the bottom to remove probably what is the left pant leg.
    - The eyes are really dark as well as some areas of the hair are difficult to see texture or depth. Perhaps is this POS monitor at work (the day job always get'n in the way of the fun stuff).... perhaps some slight selective midtone adjustments would bring those areas out a bit.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    nice job with the natural light Caroline! And at 12, that face I have seen before.... tells the story of her age. I would maybe just clone out the jean with the grass and leave the crop like it is. will look like she is just leaning into the field of view.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    Very nice, sharp, natural capture Caroline. I prefer the natural light as well. A couple of thoughts:

- I would go for a bit tighter crop on the bottom to remove probably what is the left pant leg.
    - The eyes are really dark as well as some areas of the hair are difficult to see texture or depth. Perhaps is this POS monitor at work (the day job always get'n in the way of the fun stuff).... perhaps some slight selective midtone adjustments would bring those areas out a bit.

I had bumped up the contrast quite a bit to get this look, which resulted in the loss of detail in her hair. I increased exposure in her eyes, but they really are quite dark in real life.

Here's an adjusted version, taking into account suggestions:

561984906_x2nXJ-XL.jpg

Here's the original:

561215007_YUVXy-XL.jpg
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Excellent shots and reposts!

Divine Model!!

But what of those CrazZzy jeans she is wearing? Those deserve a shot too, n'es pas?

cheers,
    tom wise
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    I love this picture of your daughter. She is lovely.

I like the thoughtful look along with a relaxed expression - no pout, just a quiet, assessing look at the photographer, the world and the viewer.

The cropped, "popped" version is to die for, but I like the uncropped as well. In a way, they are two different pictures, each capturing something slightly different about Emily. Both are keepers!

Virginia

Email
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    I like the uncropped version too! The patterns on the jeans add a little more splash of color to the photo.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    divamum wrote:

15524779-Ti.gif Not only is this a great photo, but it really tells me something about your daughter - lots of personality depicted. Nice work!
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!