memorial day airshow Columbia, MO

ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
edited June 12, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Was in Columbia, MO on memorial day on what was the last day of the worst road trip I had ever been on. But since we were kinda stuck down there until the day before the airshow we decided to stick around for the airshow. Unfortunately I had a 17 hour drive home after the airshow, only driver, and no money or desire to stay at a hotel. So with that in mind we stayed at the airshow fo the A-10 (biggest draw for me) than the following heritage flight (only first 1/2 of that flight) then hit the LONG road home.

So from my almost 3 hours there I got a few pics to share.

1. The Canadian skyhawks doing us Canadians proud. I saw them last year at the Brantford airshow but the show they did in Columbia was much more impressive.

561492137_ZbMe6-L.jpg

2. Lost the link to these guys but had an interesting read about them. Fully home made scale replicas of WW1 fighters. Very neat watching them slowly fly in circles.

560551441_2KG8G-L.jpg

3. A-10 taking off.

561490753_H59sj-L.jpg

4. Business end of the A-10. Interesting to find out that a pair of A-10s can put fire on a target every 15 seconds. just love the sky in this picture. The 17-40 f/4L never fails to impress me when conditions are bright enough for it. A CP helped as well.

560555311_JjZG7-L.jpg

5. heritage flight of a P-38 and the A-10. Thinking of digitaly signing this and printing a 24x36" poster of this as a father's day present for my dad. I was thinking maybe splurge for metallic paper....

560597312_5RBkQ-L.jpg

Finally if anyone wants to see the pitifully small collection I have from the day the link to the gallery is.

http://tag-photos.smugmug.com/gallery/8516538_7VU2f#560550970_onhWo

Comments

• goldenstarphotogoldenstarphoto Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Toshido wrote:
    Was in Columbia, MO on memorial day on what was the last day of the worst road trip I had ever been on. But since we were kinda stuck down there until the day before the airshow we decided to stick around for the airshow. Unfortunately I had a 17 hour drive home after the airshow, only driver, and no money or desire to stay at a hotel. So with that in mind we stayed at the airshow fo the A-10 (biggest draw for me) than the following heritage flight (only first 1/2 of that flight) then hit the LONG road home.

So from my almost 3 hours there I got a few pics to share.

1. The Canadian skyhawks doing us Canadians proud. I saw them last year at the Brantford airshow but the show they did in Columbia was much more impressive.

561492137_ZbMe6-L.jpg

2. Lost the link to these guys but had an interesting read about them. Fully home made scale replicas of WW1 fighters. Very neat watching them slowly fly in circles.

560551441_2KG8G-L.jpg

3. A-10 taking off.

561490753_H59sj-L.jpg

4. Business end of the A-10. Interesting to find out that a pair of A-10s can put fire on a target every 15 seconds. just love the sky in this picture. The 17-40 f/4L never fails to impress me when conditions are bright enough for it. A CP helped as well.

560555311_JjZG7-L.jpg

5. heritage flight of a P-38 and the A-10. Thinking of digitaly signing this and printing a 24x36" poster of this as a father's day present for my dad. I was thinking maybe splurge for metallic paper....

560597312_5RBkQ-L.jpg

Finally if anyone wants to see the pitifully small collection I have from the day the link to the gallery is.

http://tag-photos.smugmug.com/gallery/8516538_7VU2f#560550970_onhWo

This last shot should look great in metalic. Great fathers day gift. Great shot!thumb.gif
  • ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    I agree that last shot should be great.

Re-crop it to meet minimums. Currently awkward crop and 20 pixels short :) I also want to sign it. I have a touch screen laptop which will be perfect for that. Then give my dad a 24x36 and a 5x7 metallic print of that shot.

I talked to my mom and she is worried about finding wall space and asked me to limit to 8x10, I think I will just have to piss off my mother. :)