Quick corporate headshot C&C?

mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited June 14, 2009 in People
So my boss got an email today that our home office needed a headshot of him for a newsletter they were sending out Monday and I just happen to have my camera in the car. We had to do it today because he is going away tomorrow, so I was stuck with what he was wearing and he probably needed a hair cut. This is in his office under the florescent lights with some auto adjustments in Lightroom.

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    It's kind of flat, to be honest. I think you would have been better off using window light and a make shift reflector (some white paper taped to a piece of cardboard?). Just my opinion.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    That's one heck of a demand from the Co.... Hey Charlie, we need a photo of you for tomorrows paper - I think I woulda put on clown glasses and a ladies wig. headscratch.gif

Surely they could have given the guy a couple weeks notice (?). Nice of you to step up and help him out in a created bind.
  • mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    dogwood wrote:
    It's kind of flat, to be honest. I think you would have been better off using window light and a make shift reflector (some white paper taped to a piece of cardboard?). Just my opinion.

I guess so, did it in a hurry and sun was blasting through his window. I actually closed the blinds because there so much glare ON HIM from the light through the window. Under better circumstances bouncing that light would have been better.
    edited June 12, 2009
    D'Buggs wrote:
    That's one heck of a demand from the Co.... Hey Charlie, we need a photo of you for tomorrows paper - I think I woulda put on clown glasses and a ladies wig. headscratch.gif

Surely they could have given the guy a couple weeks notice (?). Nice of you to step up and help him out in a created bind.

Yeah, they're pretty nuts and don't ever do that. Most of the headshots that go out are bad cell phone pics, it's really horrendous and I didn't want his picture to look as crappy as the stuff that's gone out before.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    mpaulie wrote:
    So my boss got an email today that our home office needed a headshot of him for a newsletter they were sending out Monday and I just happen to have my camera in the car. We had to do it today because he is going away tomorrow, so I was stuck with what he was wearing and he probably needed a hair cut. This is in his office under the florescent lights with some auto adjustments in Lightroom.

John_Headshot_small.jpg
    I think this looks a bit better - color adjustment and a bit of a contrast goose. I started to give him a 'hair cut,' but my PS skills don't run that way.

B. D.

[IMG]file:///Users/bdc331/Desktop/attachment.jpg[/IMG]
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
    edited June 12, 2009
    Thanks, that processing looks better, I gave it a shot... toned down the saturation of the background and added contrast.

John_headshot_small2.jpg
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    I like version 2 better....
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    D'Buggs wrote:
    I like version 2 better....
    So do I. ;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Eyes
    His eyes are flat...no catchlights or sparkle in them...
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • momwacmomwac Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    ChatKat wrote:
    His eyes are flat...no catchlights or sparkle in them...
    They're there, just not very prominent. A little dodging would bring them right up. Sorry, would do it and post, but just brought ribs out of the oven. :eat
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Does this help any?
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Sorry uploaded the wong one.