yep, you guessed it, another one
  • hollynlahollynla Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    okay, last one
  • gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    hollynla wrote:
    okay, last one
    I think these are rather good. There is a very nice expressiveness that you captured. To an amateur like me (well I did sell one picture) the lighting and composition work well, but above all the capture of expression really makes them work.

regards,

Gary
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    I'll comment on this one
    hollynla wrote:
    Need critique please:):

My first impression is what a great shot, human interest, you actually got the cat looking nice (cats are difficult!!!) and a nice twinkle and expression on the girls face.

Looking closer, the image appears a little washed out on my screen, and almost as if there's a little too much light on her face and right side. It could be my monitor though.

Of all the photos you took I think this is the best. If you have it, I'd put the tip of the cat's tail in the photo too. (as I said, cat's are difficult).

I'll try to phrase this nicely, while I know the look now is often the "sexy" one, I really don't like seeing girls who appear this young trying to look "sexy." I'm referring to the picture where her chest seems awkwardly thrust out. Youth and innocence are too rare these days and it hardly seems young girls get to enjoy their youth and new womanhood before they are forced into trying to look like the latest young female singing sensation.

This model has such a sweet and innocent look about her that I think is very refreshing to see, that's why I like the one with her holding the cat the best, she appears happy, self confident and relaxed.
  • tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    I would consider a "hair light" or reflector when shooting dark haired people against a dark background, so the hair doesn't blend in with the background. I have found that using highlights/shadows judiciously can recover some hair detail without losing the black background.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com