DSS #27 Singular

NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
edited June 14, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
My main ideas have gone around the single person who is in their own world starring off in thought

Here are the 2 main ones I have going:

561925113_Bjniw-O.jpg

561926483_KUB3g-O.jpg

C+C welcome

Comments

• whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Love your take on the theme for this challenge. That's what I really like about these challenges - seeing what others imagine.

Based on your take of the theme, I think #2 is most fitting, though not quite as visually interesting to me as #1. I think #1 would feel more intimate if the crop was a tad tighter and if I could make out more the expression on her face which is really hidden by the shadow. I don't get the "drifting off" feel with #1, though I really want to.

Helpful?
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    ok........ here is my take on it..

for what you are trying to convey, you really need more of a candid capture...

The first one looks posed, and she is not in her own thoughts because she notices you... the second one is the best fit for the title, but that is also a common pose that photographers use on shoots..so it too looks like a pose rather than you capturing a person in there own thoughts.. #2 has a lot of blowout.. at the very least I would work with that brick.. perhaps bring out some of the lines in it to give us definition.. and that line by his knee is very distracting... I would clone that out..

If a re-shoot is possible, definitely go with #1, it is beautiful and the setting is dynamic... but get her smoking and looking off into the street and capture her from the side, not head on.. don't have her look at you...

Edit: ok, I think she is smoking.. I can't tell what her hands are doing..

now onto the not so technical thoughts................

> I love the guy's outfit and look...

And #1 is superb... in it's look and feel and depth.. nice work!!!thumb.gif
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    ok........ here is my take on it..

for what you are trying to convey, you really need more of a candid capture...

The first one looks posed, and she is not in her own thoughts because she notices you... the second one is the best fit for the title, but that is also a common pose that photographers use on shoots..so it too looks like a pose rather than you capturing a person in there own thoughts.. #2 has a lot of blowout.. at the very least I would work with that brick.. perhaps bring out some of the lines in it to give us definition.. and that line by his knee is very distracting... I would clone that out..

If a re-shoot is possible, definitely go with #1, it is beautiful and the setting is dynamic... but get her smoking and looking off into the street and capture her from the side, not head on.. don't have her look at you...

Edit: ok, I think she is smoking.. I can't tell what her hands are doing..

now onto the not so technical thoughts................

> I love the guy's outfit and look...

And #1 is superb... in it's look and feel and depth.. nice work!!!thumb.gif

Thanks for the critique,

In the first photo, her head is facing towards me but her eyes are looking away towards the street, but I see in this small size that you actually really need to go and zoom in to see it. Luckily it's a pretty good image file so I'll play around with crops there.

Sadly I'm not going to be able to revisit that location but I'm doing some work with them tonight in another city so I'll keep this in mind when trying to set up new compositions.
    edited June 13, 2009
    Your welcome.. rolleyes1.gif

Yes, I agree,,, work with them.. OR.. I really > really love the shot of the girl... so I suggest submitting it, and just change up your title to something like
    "one break a day" or something like that... try and give it a defining title..

Well I am still working on my submissions. so better get back to work... but if you post revisions, I will try to keep my eyes peeled for them this weekend..

whichever one you chose,, they are both great shots..thumb.gif

Kat
    edited June 14, 2009
    I did a few more shots tonight with my friend in the first shot

Not sure on a title yet, but either dealing with the solitary world of the living statue, or the something like "The one statue with a beating heart"

563122131_77wgC-O.jpg

563129373_vB79D-O.jpg

563129376_oKyRZ-O.jpg

I also have alot more ideas to try and push this idea, since I am still awake at almost 7AM hopefully I get up and have the motivation to get them done by tonight.
    edited June 14, 2009
    Tonight/This morning I had a pure moment of inspiration on the way home, driving at 4-5AM

I am not sure how these ideas will fit with DGrin they are a mix of autobiographical content along with the ideas of a fictional life based on my life and trials but taking the opposite approach in life

Still no sleep but shooting clap.gif

And here is my first Plural

"A Day in my Life"

563141451_4tEby-O.jpg
    edited June 14, 2009
    Nice work.. thumb.gif

I vote the first statue one for sure.. not a doubt in my mind.. That is a great shot and is creative to boot, plus there is nothing in contest gallery similar to it.

So, I vote the first one ; and as for plural, the pills are awesome too.. I like the height you gave them towards the middle..thumb.gif

I now what you mean..eek7.gif I have been up all night imprisoned in photoshop after shooting all day yesterday.. Getting ready to post my thread soon.. be sure to check it out...:devbobo

Kat