hoping for c&c on photo of my brother and his wife

AmystaAmysta Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited June 13, 2009 in People
Hi everybody,

This is the second photo I am posting for c&c. I got so much helpful feedback on my first posting and I would love to know what you all think of this one. This was an informal photo shoot with my brother and his wife. I'm not sure about the glare on his sunglasses. Is is too distracting? What can I do to tone that down? The background was a beautiful tree, but I don't think that comes across as well as I hoped. Looking forward to your opinions and advice to make it better.

Thanks!!
Amy

562153212_Ayzmz-L.jpg

Comments

• pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Lovely shot! I don't find the glare on the glasses frame distracting, rather I think it adds a little something to the shot. What does distract my eye a bit is the dappled shadows on their foreheads. I swear that trees can be the bane of a photog's existence. So beautiful, but such unfortunate shadows for portrait-taking.
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    pwp wrote:
    Lovely shot! I don't find the glare on the glasses frame distracting, rather I think it adds a little something to the shot. What does distract my eye a bit is the dappled shadows on their foreheads. I swear that trees can be the bane of a photog's existence. So beautiful, but such unfortunate shadows for portrait-taking.

I agree about the glasses. The dappled light is a little distracting, but not too bad. Overall, I like the composition.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    I agree about the glasses. The dappled light is a little distracting, but not too bad. Overall, I like the composition.

15524779-Ti.gif

My comments exactly.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    In general (for me) sunglasses are a no-go ne_nau.gif It's a sweet pose, but the glasses distract from the couple & I agree about those shadows on their foreheads.

I would try it again ... without the glasses ... thumb.gif
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    In general (for me) sunglasses are a no-go ne_nau.gif It's a sweet pose, but the glasses distract from the couple & I agree about those shadows on their foreheads.

I would try it again ... without the glasses ... thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif This is a great pose, love the angle, but I lose some of the intimacy and feeling by not seeing their eyes and what their eyes tell me.
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!