The Eyes have it... but which one?

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited June 13, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK... so my last attempt to narrow it down to one image was unsuccessful. Some feel my original image is better than the new version of it. So let's take a vote.

#1 - "Through Fighter's Eyes"

557472117_prari-L.jpg

#2 - "Mute"

562068057_XkiVm-L.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Don't get me wrong.. I love both... and they are both strong... as are most of your images... I just think that in #1, the hands are the focus subject and not the eyes.. #2 is better for your title.. but that's one opinion in many..

hopefully the group will help you narrow it down..

it is tough when you produce so many good ones Cuban..thumb.gif
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Your too kind Kat. You know... I'm honestly really stuck between these two. I think I like one much more, but then I really study the other one and change my mind. Back and forth I go between the two.

The second image, of just the eyes, I like for it's simplicity. I like the grittiness of it... the "bronzing" which you called it. I also like the framing the vignetting does on the eyes... really brings the attention to them.

However, I like the first one with the fists because there is so much depth. It may be because it's me and my image, but my eye goes instantly to the eyes but then it is drawn back out to the fists, then back to eyes and then I notice theres more... the shoulders and ears.

I don't know... I am so freaking confused.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    ya know.. what... I am with you.. I understand, have been there myself...

Listen.. there are times when the artists knows best... no matter how many opinions you get.. all of them are super, so it is going to be tough.. especially when you don't know how the judges will look at images via the theme..

so this is what I do when in doubt... I upload both to my smugmug account, because although images look great here all nice and big, they are only so big in the gallery.. keep this in mind... that is what I am worried about with my bar stools.. they look great here but what about in the gallery in a reduced size??

so go load them up there and look at them gallery size.. then call your wonderful wife over to the computer and get a fresh opinion from somebody that has not been looking at them all this time.. This is what I personally do..and if ya notice, sometimes I go with the popular vote and other times i enter in on my own gut feeling against what everyone has said..

So,, go for it... or ....... do what I always do when in doubt.. re-shoot.. hehehe

kidding.. kind of... that really is what I do... matter of fact I am getting ready to re-shoot now, that the house has quieted down and the kids are sleeping..

what ever you do... I wish you a win..thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Kat
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    I still vote for #2... but I was noticing, and I could be wrong....
    It seems the votes for the fists come from guy.. the girls like the eyes. (maybe wrong about it, but funny if it is true)