Another Self Portrait...

Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
edited June 13, 2009 in People
This was taken inside a barn that was threatening to fall down and smite me. More than once did my foot break through the rotten floorboards. Anyway I had an SB600 in a softbox outside the window, triggered by an SB900 on camera. The 900 was firing some fill that was bounced off of three empty bleach jugs that were for some reason hanging by a string right behind where I set up my tripod. Both were in manual mode.

Unfortunately when I finally tried to leave the place my vehicle's battery was dead. See, when I got there I figured, "this won't take that long, I'll leave my stereo going so I can listen to some Decemberists and get my creativity on..." Of course I ended up being there for two hours and my stereo was playing loudly the whole time, which drained my battery. So I walked up the road to the next house and the kind folks drove down and gave me a jump.

Anyway, here's the shot:

562226573_NE5Bd-L-1.jpg

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Tim, overall I like this shot. Good conversion, good intensity. My only nit is that the window frame is crowding/competing with your face for attention.

Thanks for posting thumb.gif
    Randy
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    You get a nice photo and a memorable experience
    > Sounds like a well balanced day! :D
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    I really like this shot. Creative lighting, and nice contrast. Did you use a remote trigger, or just use the self timer? Could you post the color version so we can see what you had to work with?

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams