Scanning Film?

Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
edited June 16, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
When I have my photographs from school and I would like to show you guys, I would like to know whats the best way of showing art on here?

I do have a scanner printer.

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Chile Chef wrote:
    When I have my photographs from school and I would like to show you guys, I would like to know whats the best way of showing art on here?

I do have a scanner printer.

ifall you want to do is show your work then your scanner should do.....or when the film is developed ask them to make a cd for you.....most wall marts, wal greens and such will offer this at time of processing andso do some pro labs.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    ifall you want to do is show your work then your scanner should do.....or when the film is developed ask them to make a cd for you.....most wall marts, wal greens and such will offer this at time of processing andso do some pro labs.
    Hi Art, I'm talking about showing off my work, I will be developing it threw the class. So I will not be doing any cd's unless the teacher has the right equipment for it.

I'm still saving my money up for a Darkroom of my own. "I just don't trust ebay"
    edited June 13, 2009
    Chile Chef wrote:
    Hi Art, I'm talking about showing off my work, I will be developing it threw the class. So I will not be doing any cd's unless the teacher has the right equipment for it.

I'm still saving my money up for a Darkroom of my own. "I just don't trust ebay"

it is easy to keep from getting hurt on ebay.....asking about returning the item...buy rom people with high numbers (several thousand)......I just purchased a D300 with under 1000 actuation's on ebay...anyway......
    You can scan your prints with your scanner or you can take film to a big box store as mentioned above and have them scan and put on cd for you.....or use a scanning service like Scan CAfe and others out there........or the expesive way.......buy a neg scanner.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited June 13, 2009
    Again, Thank you for your help Art.

By the way why can't I buy something like this http://www.amazon.com/Canon-CanoScan-Negative-Scanner-2168B002/dp/B000V2QCQI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244951812&sr=8-1 and then scan my negs into the scanner turn them into digital photo's via photo shop+DPP?

Instead of buying a darkroom?
    edited June 14, 2009
    Chile Chef wrote:
    Again, Thank you for your help Art.

By the way why can't I buy something like this http://www.amazon.com/Canon-CanoScan-Negative-Scanner-2168B002/dp/B000V2QCQI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244951812&sr=8-1 and then scan my negs into the scanner turn them into digital photo's via photo shop+DPP?

Instead of buying a darkroom?

You can......just do not expect much......that is a low end scanner and will produce images good enuff to display on the web.....but normally scans wit hlow ewnd scanner take lots and lots of work to produce a color corrected image......from my experience........
    Now I just mine to WalMart or Sams Club or where ever is having a sale on putting negs/slides on to cd the cheapest and they usually come back as 92DPI full res solor corrected ready for the web files....price any where from 15cent to 30 cents per image......remindsme I have over 100 rools of frozen film I foundwhen I defrosted my deep freeze....all shot but un maked except for dates.....this will get deveoped by a big box and scanned but not printed to save money....it should run about $3.5 - 5.00 per roll

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited June 15, 2009
    Sorry, I'm just now checking this forum and late to this thread. My response in the other thread is still pertinent here.

http://dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1135895&postcount=3
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    edited June 16, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Sorry, I'm just now checking this forum and late to this thread. My response in the other thread is still pertinent here.

http://dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1135895&postcount=3
    Thank you very much Ziggy, I've checked out your thread and it Gave me a lot more options.