Options

ch 41 - first try here too!

ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited June 17, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
hi everyone,

I've been watching the challenges for a few months and haven't been able to have any good ideas for photos, or have any great opportunities come along. Finally, an opportunity presented itself. This little cutie, Sombra, was swept away from her mom during a torrential downpour Memorial Day weekend. She was 5 weeks old. I'm fostering her, and it seems she has become quite attached to me.

This is either a snapshot for me to fix up (no photoshop done on it yet, just resizing for my blog) or to reproduce based on comments I may receive here. (though...my legs are already scratched enough....ha!)

So - Movie title is "Separation Anxiety" (1997 - Ireland)

Camera: Canon A95
Exposure: Auto (haven't tried to get exif yet)
Date: Tuesday June 14, 2005

Comments

• Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2005
    Oh this is so cute!
    ajgauthier wrote:
    hi everyone,

I've been watching the challenges for a few months and haven't been able to have any good ideas for photos, or have any great opportunities come along. Finally, an opportunity presented itself. This little cutie, Sombra, was swept away from her mom during a torrential downpour Memorial Day weekend. She was 5 weeks old. I'm fostering her, and it seems she has become quite attached to me.

This is either a snapshot for me to fix up (no photoshop done on it yet, just resizing for my blog) or to reproduce based on comments I may receive here. (though...my legs are already scratched enough....ha!)

So - Movie title is "Separation Anxiety" (1997 - Ireland)

Camera: Canon A95
    Exposure: Auto (haven't tried to get exif yet)
    Date: Tuesday June 14, 2005

I think it's worth salvaging!

OK here goes -- fix the "red eye" or green eye in this case on the kitty.

Burn in your slacks, especially at the top.

Try a contrast mask to equalize dark and light (or shadow/highlight in CS Photoshop)

I might crop a little more in to eliminate your slacks and part of the floor.

The contrast mask might bring out some of the fur details in kitty too.
  • Options
    adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2005
    1..2..3..ahhh
    Dee wrote:
    I think it's worth salvaging!
    15524779-Ti.gif

kittens must have an inbuilt cute gene.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2005
    Really cute kitten. I can see the anxiety.
  • Options
    ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2005
    thanks!
    thanks for your feedback everyone :D I'll get to work on the photoshop aspect of things to make it look a bit better...I'm not sure I can get that anxiety look again on her (or if my legs can stand the scratches)

thanks!
    Adrienne