I think it would be better if I hadn't lost her toes

AmystaAmysta Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited June 14, 2009 in People
So...how bad is it that I lost her toes on her right foot? This photo is uncropped. Would it work better if I cropped to her dress?
C&C welcome. :)
Thanks!
Amy
563259787_SYjgz-L.jpg

Comments

• ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Take her back to the park...cannot have any cut off appendages. I did that the first time I shot with models at a lighting class. Bummed me out.

That's how we learn...
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • AmystaAmysta Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    I know you're right. I just love her expression and it is killing me that I missed it by such a tiny amount. Thanks!
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Amysta wrote:
    I know you're right. I just love her expression and it is killing me that I missed it by such a tiny amount. Thanks!

I think we all have had that feeling before!!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Just playing with it in the screen window, you get an interesting shot if you take it up to the top of the "waist" panel on the swing - yeah, all toes attached is best, of course, but that might be a viable alternative - you still get the sense of perspective and knowledge that it's a swing...

Just a thought.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    I think Diva's idea is a great one!! It will really bring her expression front and center and eliminate your issue at the same time.

I will note, however, that many famous photographers have taken pictures with part of an extremity missing. I understand what ChatCat is saying and we should all strive for perfection, but I think that sometimes we, especially in this digital world, get too caught up in the rules and lose the shot. This is especially true when photographing children doing their thing.

Unless you are planning to sell this as a fine art print, I think you have a winner. For sure her parents will love it as is.

Oh, and if I were to crop it, I would consider keeping her left leg in the frame.

Wonderful capture.

Virginia

Email