edited June 14, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
would love to hear your thoughts

563518111_Copyo-XL.jpg
Aaron Nelson

Comments

• nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Hi Aaron,

The first thing that popped out on me was the dark railing on the right side of the picture. It is in the foreground (pretty much), it is in focus, and it is dark which takes the attention away from the lions which are the main subjects of your photograph (based on your title) and they are light. I would experiment with cropping that section out and see what it will look like. Currently, the way it is now, the railing is too much "in your face".
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Hi Aaron,

The first thing that popped out on me was the dark railing on the right side of the picture. It is in the foreground (pretty much), it is in focus, and it is dark which takes the attention away from the lions which are the main objects of your photograph (based on your title) and they are light. I would experiment with cropping that section out and see what it will look like. Currently, the way it is now, the railing is too much "in your face".

15524779-Ti.gif I've tried playing around with crops using my browser....might be kinda difficult.
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Gorgeous,, Aaron.. nice and crisp... but Allen is right.. needs a crop..

Kat
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Gorgeous shot!

It needs a little something more to pull the eye to that lion. Perhaps a different crop or a vignette may be the ticket. headscratch.gif
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    would it be possible to dodge the black fence a little bit so that it's not such a strong contrast? i have no idea whether it would work, but i agree that a crop probably wouldn't look right because the focus of the image would be too close to the edge.

and yeah, maybe a vignette would be a nice touch.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!