Fun With Waterdrops

Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited June 17, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
After a brief rain yesterday the sun came out just before sunset and I decided to experiment with some high speed captures of the water dripping from the gutter outside my apartment.

Here are some of the very few shots from literally hundreds of attempts at capturing the falling water drops.

563603790_SC2gG-X2-4.jpg
"Water Drop Study #1 - Photo #1"

563604363_hm3Gr-X2-2.jpg
"Water Drop Study #1 - Photo #3"

563604524_2Acnz-X2-3.jpg
"Water Drop Study #1 - Photo #4"
There are a few more shots in my "Water Drops Study #1" gallery
C&C appreciated and encouraged.
Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Nice....really nice. I like the second photo the best thumb.gif
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    Thanks
    Scooba Steve

Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Nice....really nice. I like the second photo the best thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif The first one would be the best IMO if not for the watermark which really detracts.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited June 15, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif The first one would be the best IMO if not for the watermark which really detracts.

Thanks for the comment... the watermark is only for posting purposes, the actual print has no watermark what-so-ever.
    Scooba Steve

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    Thanks for the comment... the watermark is only for posting purposes, the actual print has no watermark what-so-ever.

Yes. I know.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    rolleyes1.gif - sorry that was funny
    Devin
    edited June 17, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Yes. I know.

Sorry, I know that the majority of the people on this board know how the watermarking process works. I had just finished replying to a comment about the watermarks being "stupid and unnecessary" on a non-photography forum and was a bit hyper-sensitive about the subject I guess.

Again thanks for the comments
    Scooba Steve