shameless bragging!!

PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited June 17, 2009 in Landscapes
so, all these magnificent shots, and all that hard work - just seen tharhawk's spectacular olympic sunrise/set images, :clap skiing and climbing, and probably freezing, people's stories of getting lost, eaten by bears. no, no, no!! this is the way to do it. supper on the terrace at home, a glass of wine, a tripod, click the shutter, sip the wine, watch the light; "sip, click!"

seriously, i have decided to do a terrace series, as having got off my lazy backside, it seemed worth it, and the light shows in the evening can be spectacular. sometimes we, at least i, take our own back door for granted... comments and thoughts happily received. ciao, sarah

montecastello di vibio rooftops with sibillini mountains in the distance, umbria, italy
564139290_VUba5-L.jpg

564139419_ZQLCM-L.jpg
Sarah A Wager, MB BS

+39 075 878 0642 or on the web at
www.photoempt.com
photoempt.smugmug.com
www.rjslade.com
and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    So true. There is beauty in our own back yards for sure!

Lovely shots. I can't decide which I like best.ne_nau.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    Snowgirl wrote:
    So true. There is beauty in our own back yards for sure!

Lovely shots. I can't decide which I like best.ne_nau.gif

thank you - yes, i couldn't really decide - i think the vertical is the better one, "going by the rules" as the eye is led by the winding lane and the roof tops, but i really love the uneven higgledy-piggledy effect of the roof top shapes, that give their own balance - hence both are presented. thanks for looking and for commenting. sarah
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
    and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    Beautiful shots, Sarah! I really like the composition of the 2nd.thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
    edited June 15, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Beautiful shots, Sarah! I really like the composition of the 2nd.thumb.gif

thank you, kind sir. i see, from your stunning lightning shot, that you are a fan of the same technique of "ok, enough travelling, what's outside the door?" - could be a new thread theme....cheers,sarah
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    eek7.gif

So, Sarah when is the Umbria, Italy workshop???

Fantastic!
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    edited June 16, 2009
    You bummwink.gif

B e a utifulthumb.gif
    rolleyes1.gif . hi marc - thanks for your mixed emotional response, there!rolleyes1.gif . so, schmoo said it all. when's the workshop here? :D
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    I agree that there's a lot of wonderful images in our own backyard if we keep our eyes open.

Having said that, the raw material in your backyard seems to be slightly superior. Love #2.
  • ridgemacridgemac Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    PHOTOempt wrote:
    so, all these magnificent shots, and all that hard work - just seen tharhawk's spectacular olympic sunrise/set images, clap.gif skiing and climbing, and probably freezing, people's stories of getting lost, eaten by bears. no, no, no!! this is the way to do it. supper on the terrace at home, a glass of wine, a tripod, click the shutter, sip the wine, watch the light; "sip, click!"

seriously, i have decided to do a terrace series, as having got off my lazy backside, it seemed worth it, and the light shows in the evening can be spectacular. sometimes we, at least i, take our own back door for granted... comments and thoughts happily received. ciao, sarah

montecastello di vibio rooftops with sibillini mountains in the distance, umbria, italy
    564139290_VUba5-L.jpg

564139419_ZQLCM-L.jpg
    I like the 2nd shot best also. I think the comp and colors are great!
    Lets see more terrace, patio, deck, backyard shots!
    Larry
    Larry
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    Forget a workshop. Can I just camp out in your place for a week? lol3.gif Beautiful shots. I have much envy.
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    Lovely images. But now I have patio envy :cry An excellent theme though mwink.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    I'm with Schmoo. Put me on the list for the Umbria workshop. Great backyard shots Sarah. clap.gif I love Italy iloveyou.gif

Dan
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2009
    there's often something fabulous close to home, if only we can see it. you've certainly done a wonderful job with these... those clouds in the distance are amazing! i like the second one better for the composition, but they're both great shots. the colors and texture of the rooftops in #1 is wonderful!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
    edited June 17, 2009
    squirl033 wrote:
    there's often something fabulous close to home, if only we can see it. you've certainly done a wonderful job with these... those clouds in the distance are amazing! i like the second one better for the composition, but they're both great shots. the colors and texture of the rooftops in #1 is wonderful!

thank you to all for kind comments and interest. i find it hard sometimes to stay around the village, and shoot here, even more so from the terrace, as "it's there", and i "can always shoot that later", which means i miss an awful lot of great opportunities, as it will never actually be the same again. i have brought my tripod out of the car, with the intent of not just shooting on trips, from now on. watch for an "imby" series - in my backyard, (or close enough!!) a presto, sarah
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2009
    Very nice ... I too now have deck envy. i like #2, the curvature of the roofline seems to bring you to the cloud

Rags
    Rags