Options

A new catchall thread

Comments

• Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    ic4u wrote:
    Jeez...y'all are making my life seem so boring and insignificantrolleyes1.gif

Mine too Karin.....

Geez... Nothing like this for me either..

I will say my hubby got to meet Stallone in person back in Colorado at a gas station of all places... He said he was way shorter in person.. I still love the guy though, especially his story of how he made it to fame.. brilliant mind... Ya gotta admit that was brilliant,, He wrote the Rocky script, and then refused to sell it unless they let him play lead role....:D Good old Italian Stallion..:D:D:D

My husband,. like Diva, as a musician, ran into a lot of stars up in Aspen back when he used to gig..

As for me,, not a single encounter... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    they have some BIG BALLS.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD5Kgy6E1Ug
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    My husband,. like Diva, as a musician, ran into a lot of stars up in Aspen back when he used to gig..

Pssst... secret for you: I didn't know who APP WERE until I met my husband and told him about that gig - my hubby laughed himself silly since he'd been a keyboard/sidesman with a bunch of fairly big outfits and knew them well.

Seriously - I spent teeange years in LA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATING the whole celebrity thing and completely out of the pop culture and rock'n'roll loop. Totally rolls off me and the only "famous" people I know now are simply because I work with them from time to time.

And believe me, after this hideous, heinous, gawd-awful year I think I could stand "boring" for a while. I sometimes (recently, OFTEN) wish I were an accountant or something equally mundane and dependable....!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2009
    Ps

Only
    Two
    More
    Days

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    your late, the circle or square round is over and they had to find a different judge because you didnt show...where ya been?
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    it was a really great round. Already working on the next one High and Low
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2009
    they have some BIG BALLS.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD5Kgy6E1Ug

See dynamite does come in little packages...thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Pssst... secret for you: I didn't know who APP WERE until I met my husband and told him about that gig - my hubby laughed himself silly since he'd been a keyboard/sidesman with a bunch of fairly big outfits and knew them well.

Seriously - I spent teeange years in LA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATING the whole celebrity thing and completely out of the pop culture and rock'n'roll loop. Totally rolls off me and the only "famous" people I know now are simply because I work with them from time to time.

And believe me, after this hideous, heinous, gawd-awful year I think I could stand "boring" for a while. I sometimes (recently, OFTEN) wish I were an accountant or something equally mundane and dependable....!!!!

Funny Diva... I bet your husband relishes that memory.. They always do relish the ones when they get one over on ya..thumb.gif

A bean counter huh? Nahhhhhh.. you would get bored fast.... your too creative.., you would end up stacking those beans in interesting ways and photographing them for dgrin contests, instead of counting them..:lol4

Kat
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Ps

Only
    Two
    More
    Days

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.. clap.gifclapclap.gif

Oh No,, Wait,,, I take that back.. In here you can't go out and scrutinize our entries....eek7.gifhuheek7.gif
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    A bean counter huh? Nahhhhhh.. you would get bored fast.... your too creative.., you would end up stacking those beans in interesting ways and photographing them for dgrin contests, instead of counting them..:lol4

Funny you should say that, check out her entry from this challenge
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=114270
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2009
    ic4u wrote:

:lol4:lol4:lol4:haha:haha:hahaHAHA... See I knew it..:D

Kat
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2009
    DsrtVW wrote:
    it was a really great round. Already working on the next one High and Low

High and Low??? I thought we were wanting a rural farm theme Chris ?mwink.gifwinkmwink.gif

I've got plenty of Hay..rolleyes1.gif

Kat
  • Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    Hi Dvia, I didn't read all the posts but hope your doing ok out there in dgrin land.

g
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2009
    ic4u wrote:

BWAAAHHHAA! Now there's irony for you.

No, the only beans I will EVER count are of the coffee and jelly variety - I am sooooo not mathematical/numerate (except musically) that it's not even funny. I even had to give myself a mnemonic so I could memorize f stops, and I only just realised that last week (duhhh - finally figured out that I only have to remember 1 and 1.4, and after that you just double each of them :D I'm slow, but I get there in the end.....)
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2009
    Hi Dvia, I didn't read all the posts but hope your doing ok out there in dgrin land.

g

Thanks Gail. Hanging in there, although boy this year is really rough. At least some worrisome potential health issues were given the all-clear, which was good so I'm just taking good news wherever I can find it!

And will be glad to be out of lockup in here soon.... rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Thanks Gail. Hanging in there, although boy this year is really rough. At least some worrisome potential health issues were given the all-clear, which was good so I'm just taking good news wherever I can find it!

And will be glad to be out of lockup in here soon.... rolleyes1.gif

Oh no, well I'm glad everything turned out well. I understand I have some health issues myself.

I bet it's so hard being where you are but it's great experience I hear.

We miss ya!!!.

g
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    High and Low??? I thought we were wanting a rural farm theme Chris ?mwink.gifwinkmwink.gif

I've got plenty of Hay..rolleyes1.gif

Kat

I was just playing along with Aaron. I would love a rural theme farm specific.
    BRING ON THE HAY. I have irrigated, cut, baled, loaded unloaded, fed to animals more hay than I can remember, also cleaned up after the animals did there conversion of said hay to other matter.
    Still nothing better than the smell of fresh cut hay or the animal conversion.
    As my old dairy man friend used to say "smells like money"
    But I really digress
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2009
    DsrtVW wrote:
    I was just playing along with Aaron. I would love a rural theme farm specific.
    BRING ON THE HAY. I have irrigated, cut, baled, loaded unloaded, fed to animals more hay than I can remember, also cleaned up after the animals did there conversion of said hay to other matter.
    Still nothing better than the smell of fresh cut hay or the animal conversion.
    As my old dairy man friend used to say "smells like money"
    But I really digress

=========

Sorry it must have went right over my head.. things do that sometimes..rolleyes1.gif

yes,, bring on the hay....!!! Glorious,, Hay..

Why I like it so much I don't know...headscratch.gif especially when my Dad made me bail it all the time. tedious.......... couple that with horse stable clean up and well,,, you would think I would resent hay...headscratch.gifscratchheadscratch.gif

Heck after listening to your past with hay, you would think you would resent it too...headscratch.gifscratchheadscratch.gif

Must be something magical about hay?

HAHAHA

Kat
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    ic4u wrote:

BWAAAHHHAA! Now there's irony for you.

No, the only beans I will EVER count are of the coffee and jelly variety - I am sooooo not mathematical/numerate (except musically) that it's not even funny. I even had to give myself a mnemonic so I could memorize f stops, and I only just realised that last week (duhhh - finally figured out that I only have to remember 1 and 1.4, and after that you just double each of them :D I'm slow, but I get there in the end.....)

===

mnemonic? heheehee.. I can just visualize you putting fstops to lyrics and music.

I am not mathematical either... This is exactly why I married a brain.. he does all the math.. When he talks math to me I gloss over... Heck,,, you should see how I give someone directions.. Right at the 8th church on the second hill and past the 4th willow tree..mwink.gif

I am a visual hands on learner.. Getting through 5 years of college math was purely on index cards and repetition.. I have forgotten most of it.. Every time my husband says, but honey, don't you see, Algebra and Calculus actually make it easier.. I look at him like he is crazy... eek7.gifhuheek7.gif

Besides, all one needs to survive is Water, Food and a Camera anyways............well, and some Sleep..thumb.gif Which I should be getting..

Laterz...rolleyes1.gif

Kat
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2009
    I'm sooo boooooooOOooooOOOooooOOOooooOOOooooOOooooOOOOooooOOOred........
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2009
    divamum wrote:

Laughing.gif, not much longer and you'll be with us again.

g
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    Voice: gone
    Throat: sore
    Ears: ringing
    Feet: annoyed
    Noggin: tired (yaaaawn!)

PuistoBlues has done it again, that was a rockin' festival ylsuper.gif

If you are anywhere near a gig by these guys, go see 'em:
    Ellis Hooks, James Hunter, Gov't Mule, Little G Weevil and I could give you a gaggle of local names :D

Hooks' drummer Derrick Martin actually recognized me at their club gig. We met briefly a year ago at the same festival when he was here with Big Jack Johnson. Derrick is one hell of a player.

No pictures to share this time, was out there purely for the music, and to sell tickets (staff pass to nearly everywhere, coolest thing on the planet to have there lol3.gif )
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2009
    divamum wrote:

Come on now Diva,
    Your sounding like your daughter on summer vacation..:D:D:Drolleyes1.gif

Hang in there.. almost time.. quick someone dance the jig, how about plate spinning? I know, something really corny,, uh Human Tetris... have you ever seen that before? ....

Kat
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    Diva,

Can't you enter in the mini challenge? That would give you something to do.

Hey, I know... I have a phot assignment for my club for next month. It is "Cold"now, keep in mind I am in Texas... anyone have any idea's?
    I am thinking snowcones, a bucket of ice and cold beer (though I don't drink, so I'd have to work on that one). I even thought of crawling in the ice box at the store where all the bags of ice are... but I don't think they would like that. Maybe drive to Dallas to the ice rink at the mall?
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2009
    Here ya go, and you thought our game shows were corny..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6513744659053189701

Hey Donna. the ice rink sounds like a good one..:D
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    divamum wrote:

No kiddin'? lol3.gif

If you're feeling lazy too, I might recommend a copy of BBC's Planet Earth. Then try to see if you can repeat the photography in it.. (and then watch the extras to see what it took for them to do it)

Either that or it's the bathroom assignment - in which you go to the bathroom and have to take 100 different shots before you can come out.
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2009
    It's almost over................... and then we'll be the one being board and bitting our nails.

g
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2009
    It's almost over................... and then we'll be the one being board and bitting our nails.

g
    15524779-Ti.gifhuh.. Yep so true,, then "you" will be the one looking at all the entries and having a ball,,,, > and we will be left out in the cold....running around like chickens with our heads cut off....rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2009
    Come on now Diva,
    You're sounding like your daughter on summer vacation..:D:D:Drolleyes1.gif

HA! You win the prize - glad somebody caught the reference :D:D:D:D

Today, we are attemtpting to make something resembling smoked pulled beef for some friends tonight - we're lucky in that the contractor who did all the work on our BIG attic/kitchen job has, along with his family, become one of our best friends and they live just up the street - we get together every couple of weeks for massive-amounts-of-food-and-a-movie nights. We all love to cook, it's totally casual, low key and great fun! :eat
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Diva,

I not going to spoil it for you, but their are soooo many :lift contenders this round that just make me :jawdrop and bowdown.gifbowdown.gif !

You are going to have one :duel with yourself trying to decide!

And the rest of us come tomorrow are going to be :lurk inbetween :puke from nerves, not to mention no :snore .

Good luck!

:D:D

Brian