Options

New Trading Cards Designs...C&C wanted

sonny_csonny_c Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited June 16, 2009 in Sports
The baseball shooting season is over for me this year. But that has not stopped me from creating three new trading card designs. Over the past three months I've been working on this set off and on...when time permits.

Now it's time to get an idea of what you guys think. So photogs, newbies, and parents...let me hear your feedback.

1. Front
1_baseball_card_template_front.jpg

1. Back
1_baseball_card_template_back.jpg

2. Front
2_baseball_card_template_front.jpg

2. Back
2_baseball_card_template_back.jpg

3. Front
4_baseball_card_template_front.jpg

3. Back
4_baseball_card_template_back.jpg

Comments

• Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    Front looks fine to me. None of the backs really appeal to me because they're not easily readable. The last one is closest. I find where stats are concerned a simple 2-column presentation (labels on left, data on right) to be a good format. So while I like the backgrounds you've incorporated, the data just isn't easily readable.

The over/under pattern on the last would be fine but then data goes to vertical presentation for the last 3 items. I think it would work better if all the fields were the same presentation and the reader just read top-to-bottom.
  • Options
    squiddysquiddy Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    #2 stands out to me. I really like the closer up picture on the back, parents would probably dig that. Fonts on the back are maybe a big large and maybe a bit more like the back of 3 with a more straight down list of stats ??
  • Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    johng wrote:
    Front looks fine to me. None of the backs really appeal to me because they're not easily readable. The last one is closest. I find where stats are concerned a simple 2-column presentation (labels on left, data on right) to be a good format. So while I like the backgrounds you've incorporated, the data just isn't easily readable.

The over/under pattern on the last would be fine but then data goes to vertical presentation for the last 3 items. I think it would work better if all the fields were the same presentation and the reader just read top-to-bottom.
    15524779-Ti.gif about the fronts. Especially #2. Not crazy about any of the backs for the reasons stated.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    #2 overall, but I don't like the lack of capital's in the name. I kinda like the back on 2 but would probably like it better with the above suggestions, definitely like the close-up thumbnail.
  • Options
    sonny_csonny_c Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    Thank y'all so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it. It's funny when I get in "my zone" I think these are the best cards ever made. :grin: It's not until the next day when I have a clear mind, I think...these are not that good. So it's back to the proverbial drawing board. But that's what keeps me striving to be better.

Over time I've learned to accept the good and "different" critiques. Then use a combination of your ideas (I totally overlooked) to make something better than my original. This is were you guys help me to accomplish this. I will take all your ideas in to consideration and hopefully produce something parents will love!