Monument

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited June 17, 2009 in Landscapes
The picture was a drive by shooting while passing through Monument Vally in northern AZ.

564444800_qprUa-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    The picture was a drive by shooting while passing through Monument Vally in northern AZ.

564444800_qprUa-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

An unusual shot, Azzaro. It looks like a composite as the color/white balance between the sky and the earth seems to be off.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    Thanks for commenting..........
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    there is a similar situation right next to Horseshoe bend. i will remember to photograph it next time... IMO, a shame.
    Aaron Nelson
    edited June 15, 2009
    there is a similar situation right next to Horseshoe bend. i will remember to photography it next time... IMO, a shame.

IMO A shame....THANKS FOR COMMENTING....
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    there is a similar situation right next to Horseshoe bend. i will remember to photograph it next time... IMO, a shame.

Lovely image Azzaro. I guess Aaron is referring to the vehicles parked there. Are they rounding up wild horses? If so I agree with Aaron.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited June 15, 2009
    i was referring to the parking lot of vehicles that will never move unless i take a bulldozer to them....
    Aaron Nelson
    edited June 15, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Lovely image Azzaro. I guess Aaron is referring to the vehicles parked there. Are they rounding up wild horses? If so I agree with Aaron.

Hi Jack Thanks for the comment....... It is I believe junk. It seemed to be in the middle of nowhere, I didnt see anybody around just stuff. I could have exclude it, but included it intentionally.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited June 15, 2009
    I think it's a very cool shot, junk and all. There's "junk" in the deserts all over the southwest. Old cars, ramshackle cabins, old mines, ghost towns, etc. Like it or not, they're part of the history and have their own sort of beauty about them. deal.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • ReverbReverb Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    I like this photo and think the clouds are what due it. They are a very strange colour...
    edited June 15, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    I think it's a very cool shot, junk and all. There's "junk" in the deserts all over the southwest. Old cars, ramshackle cabins, old mines, ghost towns, etc. Like it or not, they're part of the history and have their own sort of beauty about them. deal.gif

Cheers,
    -joel

Thanks for the comment kdog....... Yup...there is stuff all over the state.

azzaro
    edited June 15, 2009
    Reverb wrote:
    I like this photo and think the clouds are what due it. They are a very strange colour...

Hi reverb......Thanks for the nice comment........ azzaro
  • sixdaemonbagsixdaemonbag Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    I've been by there a few times, that's a cool shot. Too bad about all those bugs sitting down there, no one will be able to enjoy them on the road anymore.
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    kdog wrote:

Cheers,
    -joel

Nice looking shot. The clouds really make the shot!!

I agree with Joel, the "junk" left behind have a historic beauty in the their own right especially when shot in B&W.
    edited June 16, 2009
    I've been by there a few times, that's a cool shot. Too bad about all those bugs sitting down there, no one will be able to enjoy them on the road anymore.

Thanks for looking and the comment..... azzaro
    edited June 16, 2009
    grimace wrote:
    Nice looking shot. The clouds really make the shot!!

I agree with Joel, the "junk" left behind have a historic beauty in the their own right especially when shot in B&W.

Thanks for the nice comment..... Joel changed my mind about junk after I realized how many pictures I have taken with junk in it:D....... azzaro
    edited June 16, 2009
    sorry i just cant accept junk as part of the land.

Bulldoze it, burn it, blow it up and then re-seed with wildflowers:D
    Aaron Nelson
    edited June 16, 2009
    but i admit the junk does put the scene in context.
    Aaron Nelson
    edited June 16, 2009
    kdog wrote:

Cheers,
    -joel

i do agree with you, but only in a specific way that i cant possibly write out in a post. in fact i was photographing a old building in Meadow Utah the other day and the Neighbor noticed me and gave me the story. i should try to post that this week....
    Aaron Nelson
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited June 16, 2009
    Hey, if the road to Toroweap is as bad as the National Park Service makes it out to be, we may be adding a junker or two to the topology as well. :giggle
    edited June 16, 2009

When I shot the pic. I included the junk because I thought the tension between the two ( monument ... junk) would help make the picture. That is the deepest thought I have had sense I retired...rolleyes1.gif See you in Toroweep if my junker will make it..... azzaro
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2009
    the sky is weird... colors don't match what you'd expect. but very dramatic nonetheless. as for the junk cars and such, well, it's part of the scenery there in many places... perhaps you can just crop it out...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
    edited June 17, 2009
    squirl033 wrote:
    the sky is weird... colors don't match what you'd expect. but very dramatic nonetheless. as for the junk cars and such, well, it's part of the scenery there in many places... perhaps you can just crop it out...

Thanks for looking and the comment...... azzaro