Meet, Amy.

D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
edited June 16, 2009 in People
A little impromtu; she was hanging out on another session and found that she was "in the mood".

1)

fullsize.jpg

2)

fullsize.jpg

3)

fullsize.jpg

C&C Welcomed!

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    Hi! Backdrop with creases is not a pleasing thing as it makes for a disconnect with your subject. Secondly, the lighting isn't enhancing your model's features. From just above her knee to near the top of her blouse are too dark yet her left arm is exposed. Shadows are good of course but need to add dynamics in a non distracting way. (This is in referrence to #1).

#2 is a much better pose although the composition would improve greatly by having her on the right side of the frame as in #3.

Rimlighting would improve the separation between model and bg. I do see you had one light CR back behind a bit from side, a good thing. Lighting the bg separately as well and having her farther from the bg would allow for a bit more range and pop.

These are just a few quick observations. Keep shooting! thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Hi! Backdrop with creases is not a pleasing thing as it makes for a disconnect with your subject. Secondly, the lighting isn't enhancing your model's features. From just above her knee to near the top of her blouse are too dark yet her left arm is exposed. Shadows are good of course but need to add dynamics in a non distracting way. (This is in referrence to #1).

#2 is a much better pose although the composition would improve greatly by having her on the right side of the frame as in #3.

Rimlighting would improve the separation between model and bg. I do see you had one light CR back behind a bit from side, a good thing. Lighting the bg separately as well and having her farther from the bg would allow for a bit more range and pop.

These are just a few quick observations. Keep shooting! thumb.gif

Exactly what I'm lookin' for - THANKS!

The curtain was being used for head shots that didn't "show-off" them FUGLY creases. Amy just wanted to "play" and I was wanting to experiment w/ some 3/4 shots.

Lighting:

- What's giving me some separation is the 3x4' soft-box that was 45dg to her nose, slightly high and angled down... The next time I do this, I'll just set it up so it perpendicular and shining full on, on the subject helping out w/ the issue of fall-off that's shown in these examples.

- The stage is small and doesn't afford moving the model any further away from the BD. It is what it is.... Works well for head shots though.

- Shot 3 didn't have the comp needed to move her over as in 2 and I'm fully aware that this is a; 'My Bad" kinda deal. I could get her centered in the frame but not off to the other side, without losing a lot of her in the crop.

- Yup, I need a 3rd light - It's next on the list. mwink.gif

Twas my 1st crack at 3/4's and I appreciate your comments.
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    I thought someone woulda ripped me a new one for this.... look at the last two pic's. In them, she's got portions of skin (fingers and face) that look D E A D. What happened here?