Child Labour

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited June 17, 2009 in People
Met this little kid in Sunday market selling shopping bags on the gate of market located at heart of Islamabad. How insane NGOs take millions in donations in name of child labor in Pakistan, but i never noticed any input from these organizations. This market attracts thousands of people from lower to upper class.
565125909_AKwti-L.jpg

His watering eyes were screaming for good sleep:cry
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    Ngo
    > ???
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    D'Buggs wrote:
    Ngo
    > ???

non-governemtal organizations ie, red cross, unicef, etc
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    Met this little kid in Sunday market selling shopping bags on the gate of market located at heart of Islamabad. How insane NGOs take millions in donations in name of child labor in Pakistan, but i never noticed any input from these organizations. This market attracts thousands of people from lower to upper class.
    565125909_AKwti-L.jpg

His watering eyes were screaming for good sleep:cry

Terrific subject, Awais - Can you spend some time shadowing this child without taking too big a risk yourself? It would be terrific to see a project, or projects, on some of these children that really show us what their lives are like.

B. D.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    non-governemtal organizations ie, red cross, unicef, etc
    Thanks - I've heard that some where better than others in how they 'channel' funding.

This image is STUNNING!
    It conveys nothing that would put a smile on ones face. I'm not sure if I should thank you for it, or too extend my sympathy's for having the opportunity in taking it.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    Thanks everyone for stopping by. Unfortunately these countries are full of such scenes.

BD
    I try to capture such scenes where ever i get chance here is full gallery. Next time i will pay attention to bright background. Actually when i approach the subject and waste a single sec deciding exposure and background they start to pose and photo loses the real life touch headscratch.gif . Street photos are tough than i thought.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    I have started to carrying my camera around my neck and shooting from the hip. I use a wide angle (17mm and i actually hold the camera from the bottom and use the shutter release on the vertical grip so most people don't even know my hand is near the shutter button.
    Of course makes composition harder :)
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    I don't think B.D. used the word "shadow" to mean that wall should be darker. I think he meant you should follow him around, be his shadow.
    If not now, when?
    edited June 16, 2009
    rutt wrote:
    I don't think B.D. used the word "shadow" to mean that wall should be darker. I think he meant you should follow him around, be his shadow.[/quote

I guess you are right :hide

My Gallery
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    rutt wrote:
    I don't think B.D. used the word "shadow" to mean that wall should be darker. I think he meant you should follow him around, be his shadow.

Absolutely. thumb.gif To get really meaningful photos of this problem, you need to spend a lot of time and effort.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    I would be cautious about finding a problem here. In modern life we sometimes suffer more from the "solution" to a supposed "problem" than the non-existent problem itself!. Or at least our targeted problem sufferer might as a result of our attention!rolleyes1.gifwink:D
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited June 16, 2009
    ..... How insane NGOs take millions in donations in name of child labor in Pakistan, but i never noticed any input from these organizations......
    [/CENTER]

Awais, you should read what Paul Theroux has to say about NGO's in his description of his walk, by foot, from Cairo to Capetown in "Dark Star Safari"

I always enjoy your images, and yet I was dismayed at the same time.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited June 17, 2009
    pathfinder wrote:
    Awais, you should read what Paul Theroux has to say about NGO's in his description of his walk, by foot, from Cairo to Capetown in "Dark Star Safari"

I always enjoy your images, and yet I was dismayed at the same time.

Hi dear
    Thanks for suggestion i will surly read that
    thumb.gif

My Gallery