Preserving exif data in CS3 HDR merges

sixdaemonbagsixdaemonbag Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited June 17, 2009 in Finishing School
Ok, I'm obviously doing something wrong. I'm using bridge and photoshop from cs3 on pc to build some HDR's from raw images pulled off my d50. On the individual raw images the exif data is there, but when I merge them to hdr and save the completed image as a jpeg, the only exif data I have left is a modified date. I have the "ignore exif profile tag" box unchecked in PS' preferences, but that does not seem to help.

I like to think I've done my due dilligence, I've been searching for a solution to this for a couple days and just can't seem to hit on one.

Anyone want to throw a noob a bone here?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited June 17, 2009
    Ok, I'm obviously doing something wrong. I'm using bridge and photoshop from cs3 on pc to build some HDR's from raw images pulled off my d50. On the individual raw images the exif data is there, but when I merge them to hdr and save the completed image as a jpeg, the only exif data I have left is a modified date. I have the "ignore exif profile tag" box unchecked in PS' preferences, but that does not seem to help.

I like to think I've done my due dilligence, I've been searching for a solution to this for a couple days and just can't seem to hit on one.

Anyone want to throw a noob a bone here?

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, EXIF assumes that it is a single shot. I don't know what I would expect to find in the EXIF section of an HDR merged shot. Some of the fields might be the same across all the shots, but timestamps and exposure data would certainly be different. ne_nau.gif