Options

Palm Pre & webOS support?

Evan78Evan78 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
Does anyone have any plans to develop an uploader for the Palm Pre phone?

I did a search and was surprised to find no mention of it thus far, am I in the wrong place?

Technically, it would really be a webOS app, I suppose.

Out of the box, the Pre supports geotagging photos (option in Location Services). It also supports sharing photos via email, MMS, and uploading to Facebook and Photobucket.

Obviously, uploading via email is an option now, but I'm sure someone will be able to come up with something with more features than email allows.

Comments

• Options
    peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2009
    Yeah, a standalone app or an uploader would be great. Browsing my Smugmug site on the Pre was OK, but couldnt play videos.

Sooo, are you guys gonna leave everyone who doesnt sport an iPhone hanging?? Because there are a few phones out there now that give it a run for the money (Pre's browser is actually better than iPhone's if you can believe that). There's really no excuse this time because if your guys can code in HTML, CSS & Javascript, then they can code for webOS because that's the only language it uses.
  • Options
    GODSPEEDGODSPEED Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 8, 2009
    Bump. Anyone? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    I have the Pre and the SDK, but I'm currently working on another project. If no one else puts one out before I finish what I'm doing I'll give it a go. I'd hope someone else finds the time to do it sooner!
  • Options
    iharleyiharley Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Have any of you with Pres been able to upload WITH geotagging information? I've not been able to, either directly from the phone (email) or through any uploader that I've used which are the iPhoto uploader and the browser based one. If you've gotten it work I'd sure like to know how.
  • Options
    kc0ekskc0eks Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 12, 2009
    I would love to be able to use my Palm Pre with Smugmug in an easier fashion than emailing each photo.

Geotag would be nice to use.

Please put out a Pre app!
  • Options
    kc0ekskc0eks Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 5, 2009
    Still nothing???? man...
  • Options
    MeadowneckMeadowneck Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    Mobile Smugmug
    As of October 19th, Smugmug help said they 'may' develop an app for the Pre sometime in the future.

To get something the equivalent of the iPhone app, they suggested I bookmark the following URL in the Pre's web browser: http://[yournickname].smugmug.com/iphone]
    . It doesn't have an uploader that I can find, but work well for viewing photos.

I too have not been able to get geotagging to work when emailing a photo. It does work when I transfer photos from the Pre to my desktop via USB and then upload them to Smugmug.

iharley: what is the iPhone uploader?

In using the Pre's browser to view the regular Smugmug website, I can see thumbnails, but no photos are visible when I'm in a gallery. Anybody else have this problem? A solution?

Thanks

Rick
    smugmug photos at: www.meadowneck.org
    http://www.meadowneck.org/

Washington DC: Where taxation without representation thrives.
  • Options
    iharleyiharley Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    Sorry, it's not an iPhone uploader, it's an iPhoto plugin uploader.
    Meadowneck wrote:
    As of October 19th, Smugmug help said they 'may' develop an app for the Pre sometime in the future.

To get something the equivalent of the iPhone app, they suggested I bookmark the following URL in the Pre's web browser: [URL="http://"]http://[/URL][yournickname].smugmug.com/iphone]
    . It doesn't have an uploader that I can find, but work well for viewing photos.

I too have not been able to get geotagging to work when emailing a photo. It does work when I transfer photos from the Pre to my desktop via USB and then upload them to Smugmug.

iharley: what is the iPhone uploader?

In using the Pre's browser to view the regular Smugmug website, I can see thumbnails, but no photos are visible when I'm in a gallery. Anybody else have this problem? A solution?

Thanks

Rick
    smugmug photos at: www.meadowneck.org
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2010
  • Options
    movestillmovestill Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited May 18, 2010
    FYI, my app, smBrowse, is now also available directly from Palm's App Catalog.

Tim
  • Options
    ADMIT PhotographyADMIT Photography Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2010
    movestill wrote: »
    FYI, my app, smBrowse, is now also available directly from Palm's App Catalog.

Tim

I just downloaded the smBrowse app today for my pre! I love that I can see my photos on the pre now! If only I could save some to my pre that would be awesome!
    Facebook - Twitter
    Nikon D200, D80, SB600, nikon 50mm 1.8, nikon 18-135 3.5-4.6, nikon 70-200
  • Options
    movestillmovestill Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited May 19, 2010
    downloading
    I just downloaded the smBrowse app today for my pre! I love that I can see my photos on the pre now! If only I could save some to my pre that would be awesome!

Downloading will be added in the next version.

BTW, with the webOS 1.4 upgrade, the built-in web browser now works with the standard SmugMug style. That upgrade took away half the reason I started working on smBrowse. :p

Tim