New, But Old

astockwellastockwell Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
edited June 18, 2009 in Landscapes
Old shot from the beginning of the month, that I never put to much merit in, (we'll see what you guys think). I was re-organizing my LR files last night, and saw it, and said "Why didn't I ever finish this"? Not that it is that great, but compared to the rest of the stuff from that morning, it is the best I shot that morning.

Shot with the 16-50 DA* (of course)
15sec, f/14, ISO100, 16mm.
566082492_EeTcn-XL.jpg

-Andy

Comments

• dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2009
    I happen to think it's pretty nice. :D
    However, if you could bring back some color and detail in the water, this image would be vastly improved.
  • astockwellastockwell Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    I happen to think it's pretty nice. :D
    However, if you could bring back some color and detail in the water, this image would be vastly improved.

Good suggestion, I'll have to play with the RAW and see what color what there to begin with. I think due to the long exposure, and the sun being above the horizon, I think I had a bunch of reflection here. I should by a polarizer for my Z Pro's, but I just don't want to give up a spot on the holder for grads and solids.

-Andy
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2009
    Yeah, I'm not sure if there will be enough data in that area for you to bring much of anything back. A polarizer probably wouldn't do a whole lot to help in this situation either, as the strongest effect is when you are facing 90-degrees from the sun. Your best bet would be to bracket and blend.
  • astockwellastockwell Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    Yeah, I'm not sure if there will be enough data in that area for you to bring much of anything back. A polarizer probably wouldn't do a whole lot to help in this situation either, as the strongest effect is when you are facing 90-degrees from the sun. Your best bet would be to bracket and blend.

Yeah you are right about the polarizer in the 90 degree case, been so long since I have used one, that I had forgotten that. Probably would have put a weird line through the sky also. So yeah I should have bracketed and blended, but I rarely blend shots, so I don't think to do it. Thanks Danny.

-Andy
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    I love those pastel colors here...the comp is great too! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com