Chalk Art - C&C Please

BeaKeRBeaKeR Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited June 18, 2009 in Landscapes
Denver has a large annual chalk art festival, covering several blocks of streets with 200+ works of chalk art. The amount of creativity and talent is amazing. It's also a great shooting opportunity, so I spend some time there every year. This year there's an associated photography contest, with prizes going to the best photos from the event. I'm planning to submit the following 3 photos, and I'm hoping all you fine folks will help me tweak them to perfection.

If I could, I would post these in the Whipping Post. Since I can't post 3 photos there, just pretend it's the WP and give me all you've got. :)

566069806_LLXBE-M.jpg

566079748_SuHGC-M.jpg

566080193_XkDRn-M-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    Love 'em! That last shot is just killer...fantastic eye to notice that comp. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • DarosKDarosK Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    Great shots! #1 is so striking! Love the colors thumb.gif
    Daros K.
    "Shooting Wide" - My journal on manual focus lenses
  • PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    #1 and #3 are both very striking. #2 less so - seems busy with the feet - it was a great idea, but the comp just doesn't quite nail it, somehow. maybe cropping to lose some legs and the next door picture might help, but i'm not convinced. could be just compared with the first and third, which really work well.

looking again, i might crop #3 to lose about half the leg, so you really draw the eye to the chalk feet and the real feet. you'd also lose the box of chalk or whatever it is, which is slightly distracting, because i don't know what it is. great shots, though. sarah
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

+39 075 878 0642 or on the web at
    www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
    and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Love 'em! That last shot is just killer...fantastic eye to notice that comp. thumb.gif

+1. thumb.gif
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    I have seen other shots of chalk art but have never been able to see any in person. I love your shots. I had to really look at the first one over and over as it reached out and grabbed me. All of the them are fantastic. Good job!thumb.gif
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires