Field of Grain

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited June 19, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
The goal was to shoot a picture without a center of interest, but still has and artistic interest.....Does it rise to that????

566972393_XcEiJ-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING AND C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    You may have achieved your goal. I look at the picture, which promises to be interesting, BUT cannot find anything to focus my attention on. My eye continues to dart around. Ultimately, I find it unsatisfying as the promise is unfulfilled.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    I just plain like it.:D It's sharp and I like the colors. If my eye goes anywhere it is to the right on the darker grain.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    Hi Azzaro,

I do like this one. Sometimes it's nice to just let the mind wander. That big bug in the picture.....are those bugs something that feeds on the grain?

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    You may have achieved your goal. I look at the picture, which promises to be interesting, BUT cannot find anything to focus my attention on. My eye continues to dart around. Ultimately, I find it unsatisfying as the promise is unfulfilled.[/quote

Thanks for looking and commenting....... azzaro
    edited June 18, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    I just plain like it.:D It's sharp and I like the colors. If my eye goes anywhere it is to the right on the darker grain.

Hi Eia....... Thanks for the nice comment.... azzaro
    edited June 18, 2009
    Hi Azzaro,

I do like this one. Sometimes it's nice to just let the mind wander. That big bug in the picture.....are those bugs something that feeds on the grain?

Tom

I dont know know much about bugs....... When it is harvested I suppose the whole mess could end up in a box of Wheaties ........ The bigger question is how many bugs have we eaten.....rolleyes1.gifrofl azzaro
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    I dont know know much about bugs....... When it is harvested I suppose the whole mess could end up in a box of Wheaties ........ The bigger question is how many bugs have we eaten.....rolleyes1.gifrofl azzaro

I'm a morning Wheaties eater --- hopefully minus the bugs headscratch.gif

I like how you picked a section of field where it looks like the wheat heads are looking for sun...bent and looking for direction.

Ahhhh - nothing is better then sitting on a country road watching the wheat fields wave with the wind.
    edited June 18, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I'm a morning Wheaties eater --- hopefully minus the bugs headscratch.gif

I like how you picked a section of field where it looks like the wheat heads are looking for sun...bent and looking for direction.

Ahhhh - nothing is better then sitting on a country road watching the wheat fields wave with the wind.
    Hi Dogots.....Thanks for commenting.....The field is right next to me and I got to watch it change as it grew. This is a shot from a couple of months ago in almost the same place.

521624009_omF4a-L.jpg
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    Wonderful photo thumb.gif

Your grain is almost ready for harvest and our farmers just planted their fields because of all the flooding.

Did you plant the field?
    edited June 18, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Wonderful photo thumb.gif

Your grain is almost ready for harvest and our farmers just planted their fields because of all the flooding.

Did you plant the field?

No....I was a city boy till I was about 55, then I sold my house and moved into the desert. I bought horse and lived in the desert until I retired at 66. Now I live on the edge of town....with farm land all around me..... THANKS FOR THE NICE COMMENT ABOUT THE PHOTO. azzaro
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    Very nice Azzaro. I like the colors, detail, and comp. But try as I might I'm not seeing any bug. Was Tom just pulling your leg?

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited June 19, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Very nice Azzaro. I like the colors, detail, and comp. But try as I might I'm not seeing any bug. Was Tom just pulling your leg?

Hi Jack.....Thanks for the comment.......As for bugs, I dont know, I didnt see one. Maybe he has a dirty computer screen........ne_nau.gifrofl azzaro
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    Hey guys,

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't help myself.......rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif . I always keep one " April Fools " joke in reserve, kind of like a golfer keeping a " mulligan " for use at a later time. I'm giving Jack the Inspector Clouseau award for exposing my shenanigans. I promise to mend my ways.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.