Options

Charleston West Virginia

vt1122vt1122 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
I will be in the Charleston / Huntington area over the fourth of July for the region 1 soccer championships. Hopefully I can take a day to spend photographing in the area. Any recommendations on places to go?

Comments

• Options
    msfmsf Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    vt1122 wrote:
    I will be in the Charleston / Huntington area over the fourth of July for the region 1 soccer championships. Hopefully I can take a day to spend photographing in the area. Any recommendations on places to go?

This is a bit late, but dont use your GPS to take the backroads to go places!!!! I had to go there a month and some ago, and thought we would take the scenic route home with the gps, set it it to shortest distance, take off the highways. The route it gave us was very interesting. :) There was a bit storm before hand in the area *as we found at on the way home* and a road was washed out, had to drive around to avoid going down the mountain into a stream. :) tree's on the road *one of which was a single lane dirt road, we had to pull the tree to the side to avoid backtracking 2 hours, plus it was raining*, gps took us up a mountain road telling us to turn on a road that wasnt there, thankfully we didnt have to backtrack to much. :D It was an experience. I wish I took pictures. I thought of it at first, but thought im tired, Ill just relax, then after the 2nd thing hapend I thought I should, but na, and the 3rd thing I wish I had documented the entire thing. :)

I dont really know charleston wv very well for places to visit. Although in St Albans there is a tim hortons coffee shop! theres many of these in every town in Canada, but just a few in this part of the states. : )