DSS #28... need some C/C!

2»

Comments

• travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    Very nice :)

Did you try to level it, or re-shoot it leveled?
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    Love your entry...nuff saidthumb.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    Ditto to what Karin said. You've got a terrific entry. thumb.gif
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    AirThom wrote:
    Considering the rest of my week (and weekend)... I'm gonna enter this now. I'm really pleased with what I have given my time crunch this week. I would've loved to catch that skylight, because like Brian said it would've been awesome. Here's my old shot, with a P&S 3 years ago... with no PP.

437066349_Kx3jn-M.jpg

Impressive shot indeed Eric.....

P.S> Just looked at your shot in the entry gallery... It turned out very nice and is a strong entry..

Good Luck to you on your entry and getting through those classes...thumb.gifKat
  • AirThomAirThom Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    photo-bug wrote:
    Very nice :)

Did you try to level it, or re-shoot it leveled?

Tatiana, I got it on the biggest monitor I could borrow, minimized all the little sidebar stuffs on LR and got the top and bottom of my original as close to square as possible. The sides remain a bit wonky, but the vignette helps lessen it's effect.

Everyone else, thank you so much for the kind words... it really means a lot to me that you like what I've done. iloveyou.gif
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    AirThom wrote:
    Tatiana, I got it on the biggest monitor I could borrow, minimized all the little sidebar stuffs on LR and got the top and bottom of my original as close to square as possible. The sides remain a bit wonky, but the vignette helps lessen it's effect.

Everyone else, thank you so much for the kind words... it really means a lot to me that you like what I've done. iloveyou.gif

What I meant by leveling is something like this:

573804899_bESt5-M.jpg

However, it doesn't mean that it should be leveled... maybe you want it the way you posted it,
    in order to make it more interesting... ne_nau.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited June 25, 2009
    OH! lol

I've done nothing with the picture.. I took it in 2006 on a point and shoot, I've done no post processing at all. I've been out of the office so I haven't had a chance to get in there to reshoot and I won't be back in until the day the competition ends. Brian found that pic in my galleries and mentioned it, so I was just posting it for everyone to see because it does adhere pretty well to the theme.

Maybe next week after the competition I'll take a few just for giggles.
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    AirThom - wanted to mention that I ventured over to your SmugMug site....love your work at the Stutz Building. I drive by that building everyday and think what a great place it would be for a photo opp!
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
    edited June 25, 2009
    whiterice wrote:
    AirThom - wanted to mention that I ventured over to your SmugMug site....love your work at the Stutz Building. I drive by that building everyday and think what a great place it would be for a photo opp!

It has a ton of character! I wanted to do more stuff on the interior but with no time to research on their policies we stuck to the exterior/public viewable areas. heh