C&C 9 month old

amp'damp'd Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited June 22, 2009 in People
4581_109046104119_92230999119_2756750_5751087_n.jpg

4581_109046099119_92230999119_2756749_7645186_n.jpg

4581_109046094119_92230999119_2756748_6373141_n.jpg

black&whites are a huge weakness of mine but i love them so much- I'd love feedback on the edits too! colors too soft? need more punch? sometimes i am afraid to make skin too bright because i desire (personal taste) to have some flesh tones left behind. still working through that part of editing. ANY c&c is welcome and thank you in advance! (and if there is something that is right and works- would love to hear that too! live and learn!)

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    That one brought a smile!!! Very very cute clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    Very cute baby and I REALLY like the 3rd one. Would probably be great in color also. I might just have cropped it a little more with less wasted space behind her back on the right. That would put her eyes in a rule of 3rds position? Not a big fan of the chair. Is too bright and distracts from the baby and is competing/clashing with her cute little dress. I might have also put her closer to the grass so that she doesn't have the shift from pavement to grass crossing through her head on the first one. Hope this is helpful and not offensive.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • amp'damp'd Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    ShepsMom wrote:
    That one brought a smile!!! Very very cute clap.gif

Thank you! =0)
    edited June 21, 2009
    Very cute baby and I REALLY like the 3rd one. Would probably be great in color also. I might just have cropped it a little more with less wasted space behind her back on the right. That would put her eyes in a rule of 3rds position? Not a big fan of the chair. Is too bright and distracts from the baby and is competing/clashing with her cute little dress. I might have also put her closer to the grass so that she doesn't have the shift from pavement to grass crossing through her head on the first one. Hope this is helpful and not offensive.

Ohhh thanks! This was very helpful! Not offensive at all. I want to learn and I can not become better if I don't fix what's wrong and practice practice practice!

The chair is a bit of a family heirloom. Is there a way in which the chair could work in this shoot? (trying to learn for the next 'times' I have to do try to incorporate an object into an image.) Make sure the outfit and object mesh- colorwise? If the object is 'louder' than the child or person- should I just shoot in black and white? This was tricky for me, so I appreciate the feedback very much! Thank you!
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    #3.......... That's a lovely shot imo.
    edited June 22, 2009
    D'Buggs wrote:
    #3.......... That's a lovely shot imo.

Thanks D'Buggs! It's my favorite. Love the toes all sticking out. lol
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    amp'd wrote:
    Ohhh thanks! This was very helpful! Not offensive at all. I want to learn and I can not become better if I don't fix what's wrong and practice practice practice!

The chair is a bit of a family heirloom. Is there a way in which the chair could work in this shoot? (trying to learn for the next 'times' I have to do try to incorporate an object into an image.) Make sure the outfit and object mesh- colorwise? If the object is 'louder' than the child or person- should I just shoot in black and white? This was tricky for me, so I appreciate the feedback very much! Thank you!

For this shoot I would have recommended that if the chair were in the shot that the baby be in a plain color dress and or jeans as it is casual. I played a bit with one of the pictures. If you pick hue/saturation and just desaturate the yellows and then desaturate the magenta (not all the way but to liking) it will tone down the chair and change the pinks in the dress to a brownish. It then becomes a very vintage like photo. I like black and white for somethings but this works also.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    Hey Amp'd, You did really well, specially the black & white shot, but you might want to mess around with the density and contrast a little bit!
    edited June 22, 2009
    Thank you Wings and Chile- going to mess with both suggestions and see what I come up with. I appreciate the feedback and tips! =0D