Seattle's Glow

dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
edited June 20, 2009 in Landscapes
This is the first time I've gotten a good sunset while shooting the skyline from West Seattle. This image consists of 4 or 5 (can't remember how many off the top of my head) vertical shots stitched together in Photoshop CS3.

I'd love to know your thoughts.

474664980_TSWbB-XL-2.jpg

Comments

• rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    It is another beauty Danny. The soft colors are just great!! Very nicely done.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    Another fantastic shot, Danny! People (including myself) so often make the mistake of trying to include every building in the skyline (from the Space Needle to the Smith Tower) when taking images from Alki Beach. Often, as you've so wonderfully demonstrated, it's better to get a nice cluster of buildings and make a well composed shot. Great job! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • TharhawkTharhawk Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    You do a great job editing...well balanced. I like this a lot.
    More photos: www.alpinestateofmind.com
    Ski Mountaineering stories: www.cascadecrusades.org
    Jason Hummel photography on:
    FACEBOOK
  • PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    lovely image - great comp of buildings and barge - gorgeous light, colours are spectacular. seattle looks to be a great place - in colour, and black and white, from the looks of recent postings. cheers, sarah
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

+39 075 878 0642 or on the web at
    www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
    and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    ront wrote:
    It is another beauty Danny. The soft colors are just great!! Very nicely done.

Ron

Thanks. I'm glad you like it!
    edited June 19, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Another fantastic shot, Danny! People (including myself) so often make the mistake of trying to include every building in the skyline (from the Space Needle to the Smith Tower) when taking images from Alki Beach. Often, as you've so wonderfully demonstrated, it's better to get a nice cluster of buildings and make a well composed shot. Great job! thumb.gif

Luckily the best clouds seemed to be concentrated over the downtown area. I agree with you though. There just seems to be too much of a gap between the downtown skyscrapers and the Space Needle.
    edited June 19, 2009
    Tharhawk wrote:
    You do a great job editing...well balanced. I like this a lot.

Thanks! :D
    edited June 19, 2009
    PHOTOempt wrote:
    lovely image - great comp of buildings and barge - gorgeous light, colours are spectacular. seattle looks to be a great place - in colour, and black and white, from the looks of recent postings. cheers, sarah

Thank you. You should should try and visit Seattle someday. I'd love to get to Italy.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    Very nice job Danny !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    nicely done... love the colors!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
    edited June 20, 2009
    Thanks, Awais and Rocky!