CH 41...my first attempt

tlittletontlittleton Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited June 23, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've got several titles I'm working on, but before I left my hotel to come home this morning, another one hit me. I was in a rush so this isn't the greatest shot. Then I realized I had the camera in small jpeg mode. So I need to redo it...

The Substitute
25162130-M.jpg

Comments

• HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2005
    Hi Thomas,
    Are you still going to give this another try? You have a good start with a clever idea. Here are a few suggestions you may wish to look at. With such a clean composition, placement is everything. I don't understand the symbolism of the ripped open sugar packets and how that relates to the substitute packet. The sugar on the table could have more impact with dramatic lighting (maybe strong side light on darker background). Check your white balance, everything is showing up yellow on my monitor. I think it's worth another go around.

These are just my humble opinions,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    Amen re fixing the white balance -- the yellow color cast really detracts from the image.

You might try a much darker background ... for example, a navy blue or even balck tablecloth? That would set off the sugar packets more (esp the white one).
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...