Using a Canon ef-s 10-22mm on a 5D

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited June 19, 2009 in Cameras
Morning Folks,
I have received several pm's inquiring about how to use an ef-s lens on a 5d camera. My 5d is currently for sale here, and 2 of the camera pictures have that lens attached to it. First of all, if you try to modify any ef-s lens, you do risk the chance of damaging the rear element, and possibly the pc board &/or wiring that is attached to it, if you're not careful. I'm passing on what I was told. Basically, you're cutting off the ef-s part of the lens using a hack saw while keeping the lens on an angle so that the fine debris does not end up inside the lens. A sharp blade & steady hands will have the job done in 5 minutes. Once the ef-s part is removed, take a camera brush and carefully remove any debris that may have ended up inside or on the rear element. There was no debris inside my lens. You may now use the lens as an ef lens with only one restriction. You cannot use the lens below 12mm or you will hit the mirror. Vignetting is prominent up to 15mm. Stopping down does help. I have attached a picture of the lens after it has been modified, and a few pictures taken btwn 12 & 15mm. Thanks for looking :thumb
Have a good day :D
Jim...

Comments