School House

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited June 20, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
The end side was empty. It may have been a church or school or served as both.

568265610_ZG5kq-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited June 19, 2009
    Gorgeous shot, Azzaro. It would be nice to know the history of this building.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    Wonderful photo thumb.gif Is the brown thing in front of the building the old pot belly stove?

Old school house's and churches are fun to photograph. My Granny was a teacher in a one room school house in ND.....long long ago. Finding an old empty church is hard to find around here. They are tearing them down..keeping the bell as a monument at the cemetery.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Gorgeous shot, Azzaro. It would be nice to know the history of this building.

Cheers,
    -joel

Hi kdog.....Thanks for the nice comment..... I would like to know the history too. The picture was taken in Utah.... A few miles from where I live.... azzaro
    edited June 19, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Wonderful photo thumb.gif Is the brown thing in front of the building the old pot belly stove?

Old school house's and churches are fun to photograph. My Granny was a teacher in a one room school house in ND.....long long ago. Finding an old empty church is hard to find around here. They are tearing them down..keeping the bell as a monument at the cemetery.

Hi Dogdots......Thanks for the comment......It is and old pot belly stove......
    My dad went to a one room school...He grew up on a farm.... azzaro
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    Hi Azzaro,

This one's a winner. The shot has very nice balance and composition. Overall, a very good capture.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited June 19, 2009
    Hi Azzaro,

This one's a winner. The shot has very nice balance and composition. Overall, a very good capture.

Take care,

Tom

Hi Tom ..... Thanks for looking and the comment.... azzaro
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    Lovely shot Azzaro. I constantly marvel at the beautiful subjects you bring us. You are fortunate to live where you do. I'm afraid that here in the northeast the building would long ago have been trashed, covered with graffiti, and home to all manner of n'er-do-wells.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited June 20, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Lovely shot Azzaro. I constantly marvel at the beautiful subjects you bring us. You are fortunate to live where you do. I'm afraid that here in the northeast the building would long ago have been trashed, covered with graffiti, and home to all manner of n'er-do-wells.

Hi Jack.... Thanks for the great comment.....Arizona is a beautiful state, if you have never visited here you should come and see us. azzaro