moonrise /sunset umbria - next hill over...

PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited June 19, 2009 in Landscapes
so, for moonrise this month i went to the next hill over, to take shots of the village. the light was pretty lousy for the moonrise, but i stuck it out, as i had a good composition, aware that behind me the sky was orange, vivid, stormy and changing by the minute. trouble was - i was behind a house and no composition to work with on that side. eventually gave up on the moon, as it really was looking awful, and everything juddering in the wind, and really, what was the point?.....moved further along the road to get this view of the other valley with astonishing light. would have like something more in the foreground but i was running out of time before all of this disappeared. turned round after i'd done various shots for blends, panos and all sorts - - and there was the moon.
568412998_THS6g-L.jpg

568413194_F4urE-L.jpg

568413304_xRb2o-L.jpg
Sarah A Wager, MB BS

+39 075 878 0642 or on the web at
www.photoempt.com
photoempt.smugmug.com
www.rjslade.com
and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com

Comments

• dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    You're right in that the two sunset shots need a foreground. That's okay though since the moon shot more than makes up for it. Very good work!
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    Ahhh... the colors

Nice capture
    Rags
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    Sweet light and moon! As Rags mentioned above...ahhh...the colors! :D
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com