on the river

wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
edited June 20, 2009 in Landscapes
Hi everyone. I have commented on several photos here but this is my first picture post. There are lots of excellent photographers here, the bar is set high, kind of intimidating but here goes.

p471550110-5.jpg

This small river is within hearing distance of my home. Being so convenient I go there frequently. There are a couple of nice little waterfalls upriver a bit that I have plans for. Hope you enjoy.
wendell

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    Very nice fist post, Wendell! I love how this images flows...all pun intended :D

I can't wait to see your waterfall shots! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • BeaKeRBeaKeR Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2009
    I agree, nice flow indeed. I like the contrast of the smooth flowing water with the rougher stuff, and the jaggedness of all those bare branches.

Nit: There's a red something-or-other on a tree in the top left that bugs me. Good candidate for cropping, imho.
  • wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Very nice fist post, Wendell! I love how this images flows...all pun intended :D

I can't wait to see your waterfall shots! thumb.gif
    Thank you Mahesh for commenting.
    wendell
  • wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2009
    BeaKeR wrote:
    I agree, nice flow indeed. I like the contrast of the smooth flowing water with the rougher stuff, and the jaggedness of all those bare branches.

Nit: There's a red something-or-other on a tree in the top left that bugs me. Good candidate for cropping, imho.

Thanks BeaKer, the red you see on the tree is a boundry marker for a natural area, it bothers me too. I will be cropping that out. Thank you for your comments.
    wendell