Fort Worth - couple night shots

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited June 20, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Took my wife out for her 35th bday on a little bike ride and we ended up in downtown Fort Worth, so natually.. i wanted to walk around for a few pics. These are SOOC with no post (yet).
C&C welcomed as always...

D50 - 50mm / 1.8 @ 3.2 1/25 iso200
DSC_0130.jpg

D50 - 50mm / 1.8 @ 2.8 1/30 iso200
DSC_0142.jpg

This one was more of a "snapshot", but I still kinda liked it.
DSC_0062.jpg

thanks for looking
devin
Devin

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2009
    Howdy Devin,

Very nicely done, Great Shots of Cowtown!!!

Great colors and choice of subjects.

Happy Birthday to your Wife!!!

Look forward to seeing more of FTW through your eyes!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2009
    Very nice composition and exposure in #1 & #2 clap.gifclap

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2009
    Many thanks Craig n Jack, I really like that 50 prime for low light shooting. I do need to invest in a smaller tripod for carrying on the bike. I'll relay the bday wishes as well clap.gif

Any thoughts on where to start with some post.. i'm struggling a bit as I don't see much difference in my "normal" processing that i do.

thanks again guys.. have a great weekend and happy shooting.

Devin.
    Devin
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2009
    00SS wrote:
    Many thanks Craig n Jack, I really like that 50 prime for low light shooting. I do need to invest in a smaller tripod for carrying on the bike. I'll relay the bday wishes as well clap.gif

Any thoughts on where to start with some post.. i'm struggling a bit as I don't see much difference in my "normal" processing that i do.

thanks again guys.. have a great weekend and happy shooting.

Devin.
    Howdy Devin,

Kind of nice to not have to worry that much about post processing, I think all 3 of them are very nicely done as they are, maybe on the last a little more detail of your Wife and bike, and darkening the sky a little to highlight her a little more.

On the tripod subject, you might look into one of the "Gorilla Pods" I have the SLR one and it will support quite a bit of weight, you'll be a little low on perspective but that opens up a lot of neat shots as well. So that combined with a little remote shutter release and you'll be set for many more adventures.

Here' the link

http://joby.com/store?gclid=CIuMpsnBmZsCFRIeDQodT0eOpg#ecopaktip
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Devin,

Kind of nice to not have to worry that much about post processing, I think all 3 of them are very nicely done as they are, maybe on the last a little more detail of your Wife and bike, and darkening the sky a little to highlight her a little more.

On the tripod subject, you might look into one of the "Gorilla Pods" I have the SLR one and it will support quite a bit of weight, you'll be a little low on perspective but that opens up a lot of neat shots as well. So that combined with a little remote shutter release and you'll be set for many more adventures.

Here' the link

http://joby.com/store?gclid=CIuMpsnBmZsCFRIeDQodT0eOpg#ecopaktip

oh, cool.. thanks for the link (added to cart rolleyes1.gif ) I saw one similar at best buy but it didn't look as though it would hold up. This one on the other hand looks like it's quite sturdy. On the pp for the 3rd, i'll have a look at that and see what I can do, thanks for the tips. Here are a few more that turned out OK (not great .. but ok) headscratch.gif

DSC_0103.jpg

I like the perspective on this one
    DSC_0048.jpg

this one.. not framed so well
    DSC_0045.jpg

last one - the happy wife iloveyou.gif
    DSC_0156-1.jpg
    Devin