Hoover Pano...

Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
edited June 22, 2009 in Landscapes
Ok, so I went to the Hoover Dam today and took some dam pictures :wink And I'm working on a pano... maybe. This is one I've just started haven't done a whole lot past photomerge in PS CS4 other than tilting and cropping. Any thoughts as to whether I should continue working on this "version" or if I should work on a different "view"?

This is going to be hung in my home... might do a canvas gallery wrap... not sure, any advise on that too? I was thinking somewhere in the 20"x60" range... that might be too big though... not sure on the max size for those... I know I've done a 20x30 before, but thats not quite as big lol...

This was made with 18 shots of the basin. unfortunately my tripod didn't fit through the security checkpoint to the observation deck, so they were all taken handheld (with only 1 hand! stupid jointer saw cutting the pad of my thumb off). hence why it looks kinda distorted. But hey, I figured I can just tell people I used a fish eye lens:thumb... unfortunately the widest lens I have is my 17-55 f/2.8

And yes, I know some of the sky is blown, and some of the generator level is blown, but I'm in California now (7 hours away), and I'm not going back now!

1. Color
569538839_5Lsvi-XL.jpg

2. Infrared B&W - I like b&w alot, and IR is my favorite treatment.
569538250_TwCwh-XL.jpg
Jer

Comments

• JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    Love it! This will look fantastic as a gigantic print clap.gif
    I like the colour version best
    Jethro :D
    My Blog
    Jethro Kingston Photography
    Use this coupon code to get $5 off when joining smugmug: eO3NU7AM85scE
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    Very cool! I use to live in Las Vegas, so I've very familiar with this structure. Did you enjoy the dam tour? rolleyes1.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Very cool! I use to live in Las Vegas, so I've very familiar with this structure. Did you enjoy the dam tour? rolleyes1.gif

Yes, we had a dam tour guide that took us down in the dam elevator to show us the dam generators and the dam flooring thats been there since 1937!

After the Dam Tour we went to Las Vegas and ate at Caesar's Palace! Excellent Buffet!
    Jer
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    Wow Jeremy!! I like this shot and prefer the color one, but the curves you captured here look so awesome. clap.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    Wow this is Huge ! very nice
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    I prefer the color one too. And yes, it is very HUGE! from the top to the generator level is over 500 feet down. That new bridge thats being built in the far right background is twice as high as the top of the dam. I don't think i'll be driving over it! haha
    Jer
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    Cool panos!

I have been over that damn, down in that damn, and even in a boat in the river behind that damn (Journey thread ) mwink.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion