Options

Opening image from bridge to PS3

SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited June 22, 2009 in Finishing School
Back when I had CS2 I could double click on an image and open it in PS. After I got CS3, about 2 months before CS4 came out unfortunately, I have to go to file and use open in camera RAW. I've lived with it all this time, but I wish I could still double click to open in PS.

Is their a way to double click and open?
RON

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited June 21, 2009
    With CS3 and CS4, you can open ACR in either Bridge or in Photoshop. Learn the keyboard shortcuts for Photoshop - they are vastly faster than using a mouse and clicking.

CTRL-R opens in Bridge, when you just want to do your RAW steps and then stop. The dialogue box offers a "done" key.

CTRL-O opens ACR in Photoshop, such that when you are done with Raw processing the photo opens in Photoshop. The dialogue box offers an "open" key.

Check your Preferences in Bridge about Adobe Camera Raw.

Double clicking on an image in Bridge opens the image in Photoshop for me.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    Schnauzer wrote:
    Back when I had CS2 I could double click on an image and open it in PS. After I got CS3, about 2 months before CS4 came out unfortunately, I have to go to file and use open in camera RAW. I've lived with it all this time, but I wish I could still double click to open in PS.

Is their a way to double click and open?

Try going to Edit>Preferences>General and looking at the box labeled "Double Click Edits Camera Raw Settings in Bridge. This should not be checked if you want the file to open in CS3.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2009
    Thanks pathfinder and Tony. So far nothing is working although I have tried the suggestions.
    RON
  • Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    Schnauzer wrote:
    Thanks pathfinder and Tony. So far nothing is working although I have tried the suggestions.

What about your File Type Associations? (Also in Edit>Preferences) Is the file type that you capture linked with PS3?
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2009
    Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Everything is the same as it was in CS2 as near as I can tell.

I give up. I'll live with it the way it is.
    RON