#28 C&c

bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
edited June 22, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok. I've already posted my entry, but I'm curious what everybody thinks? Personally I think it turned out brilliant, but I have come to realize that c&c is invaluable. The title is in reference to Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, and if you've read it, then you know why I chose that title. The train was a single exposure because I had to take it while holding the lense through a chainlink fence at about waist high. All the colors were already there. I just brought them out just a little.

"Who is John Galt?"

569889094_VMU6j-XL.jpg

Brian

Comments

• karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    I think that the blue sky is what absolutely makes this picture. The contrast between the sky and the red of the train is absolutely impressive!

Good job! :D

Karl
  • Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    I think this is an amazing picture thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

My only concern is that the theme of Circle or Square is not leaping out at me. I know that there are circles in the train's wheels and pivot points, but they are not the key parts of the image to my untrained (groan!!) eye.

Notwithstanding that, it is a truely amazing image that certainly deserves to win a prize.

Just my rambling thoughts,

Tim
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    I just love the colors and that gritty metal, I agree the sky really gives it character..... nice job Brian.thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

P.S> Looks gorgeous in the gallery BTW..rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
  • Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    there's a stats counter in the gallery? where would i be able to find that? great entry by the way. :D
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D