First Baby

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited June 22, 2009 in People
I have photographed tons of dogs, a few cats and lizards. NONE are a unpredictable and fast as my friends' baby.

Shot in my friend's kitchen with a flash bounced off the ceiling. He was cruising in his cart thing and would not stay still. It was a challenge.

This one was my favorite shot because of the lighting. A split second before he had a big smile going.

What do you think what could be done to improve the baby action besides catching a better pose from the little dude?

557696290_hTWvj-L.jpg

Comments

• D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    Zerodog wrote:

What do you think what could be done to improve the baby action besides catching a better pose from the little dude?

More light. He seems a bit underexposed.
    Different angle (?). Maybe one from ground level looking up, that catches him in the activity of using that "cart thing".

Babies can be challenging; there's others here that can offer better advice.
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    definately underexposed and without catchlights. I find that with babies catchlights are most important especially when the eyes are dark in color and on a dark background. Without them there seems to be a void in their gaze and even when they are smiling something will just not look right. For this photo I like his expression but would have cropped more off center cropped it so that there aren't just pieces of the hands in the picture. Babies are definately a challenge! Just gotta keep clicking away and hope for the best!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!