Computer screens

lbkgirllbkgirl Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited June 22, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
I have just gotten a new laptop and am now very perplexed as to how to make sure my photos have consistant color editing. My laptop shows my photos as darker than my desktop. I think I am done editing and then pull the photos up on my desktop and find them looking very different. I noticed the photos on smugmug home page look the same no matter which computer I pull them up on. What can I do to help ensure my photos have the correct color edit now matter where they are pulled up?

Comments

• HamSmugglerHamSmuggler Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    lbkgirl wrote:
    I have just gotten a new laptop and am now very perplexed as to how to make sure my photos have consistant color editing. My laptop shows my photos as darker than my desktop. I think I am done editing and then pull the photos up on my desktop and find them looking very different. I noticed the photos on smugmug home page look the same no matter which computer I pull them up on. What can I do to help ensure my photos have the correct color edit now matter where they are pulled up?

Take a look at color calibration hardware (not software) that physically rests on the front of your monitor while it calibrates it. I use a X-rite Eye One Display 2, there are also other models like the Pantone ColorMunki, X-rite Spyder3, etc. A key question is whether you want to calibrate your printer to your monitor as well (more expensive and your product selection would be different to add this functionality). You may also want to post somewhere besides the Flea Market since most stuff here is Buy/Sell.
  • lbkgirllbkgirl Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    Thank you... I appreciate any guidance. I am new at this, so I am not surprised that I am posting in the wrong place. I would look into your advise and my have more questions..... Thank you for your time.