Thoughts on our next assignment...

Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
edited June 20, 2005 in Finishing School
So any thoughts on our next photoshop assignment? I love learning new things about photoshop...
Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/

Comments

• ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2005
    I suggested this before: "Make her more beautiful." I think a more "wide open" topic will draw more interest and perhaps we can all learn something. Glamor is something I know nothing about, so that's what I'm suggesting. But there are all kinds of things like this:
    1. Focus attention
    2. Impression of motion
    3. Nightime
    4. Working with flash shots
    5. Panoramas
    If not now, when?
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    I suggested this before: "Make her more beautiful." I think a more "wide open" topic will draw more interest and perhaps we can all learn something. Glamor is something I know nothing about, so that's what I'm suggesting. But there are all kinds of things like this:
    1. Focus attention
    2. Impression of motion
    3. Nightime
    4. Working with flash shots
    5. Panoramas
    Perhaps we could step away from the photo manipulation on occassion? This is just me talking perhaps, and I certainly wouldn't tell anyone that I know all I need to know about photo enhancement/manipulation, but there's all kinds of fun stuff you can do in photoshop. Maybe some text or other graphics. Perhaps turning photos into paintings (the good way). Something like that?
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Perhaps we could step away from the photo manipulation on occassion? This is just me talking perhaps, and I certainly wouldn't tell anyone that I know all I need to know about photo enhancement/manipulation, but there's all kinds of fun stuff you can do in photoshop. Maybe some text or other graphics. Perhaps turning photos into paintings (the good way). Something like that?
    Thanks for the thoughts Mike.

I've been thinking about going back and using some of the old assignments over again. Some of the early assignments covered some pretty important (and fun stuff), but not everyone was around back then to get a chance to participate. Those of us who were around have probably learned new techniques and methods that we could apply to those early assignments.

I've also got a few new ideas for some assignments I think you might enjoy. I just need to find the time to put the assignments together!