This city doesn't sleep, it just naps.

UmmmHowsThatUmmmHowsThat Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited June 28, 2009 in Landscapes
Hello DGrinners!

I've recently been giving nightscapes a go, since I live relatively close to NYC and it seems that there is money to be made in making pictures, pasting them on white sheets of paper, and posing them as worthy on a streetside blanket. Just kidding. I really enjoy the vibrant lights and spotted office window twinklings and wanted to share a few of the ones that I liked the most. I will take all forms of opinions, including those with PayPal who would like some pasted on an 8.5x11 sheet of...oh, nevermind :D

Thanks and enjoy!

DSC_0041.jpg
DSC_0013.jpg
DSC_0018.jpg
DSC_0033.jpg
DSC_0499-FULL.jpg
-Bryan

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    Nice cityscapes. I never tire of seeing neon lights, water, and tall buildings. Cool! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    I love these! The last two are particularly unique and interesting compositions. Nicely done.thumb.gif
  • UmmmHowsThatUmmmHowsThat Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Thanks! If the rain holds off into tomorrow, I'm gonna try and capture the same scene, just with sunrise light instead of starlight mwink.gif
    -Bryan

• dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Nice set of images. I'd consider bringing up the contrast on the first one to get some true blacks. Otherwise, good job!
  • UmmmHowsThatUmmmHowsThat Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Wow. What a week. So Wednesday morning, on my day off, mind you, I got up extra extra early to catch an overcast sunrise at the same place. No actual sun, and there was a homeless dude sleeping on the bench to my left, but it was a successful day nonetheless.

Cheers.

DSC_0123.jpg
    DSC_0128.jpg
    DSC_0134.jpg
    DSC_0155.jpg
    DSC_0151.jpg
    DSC_0163.jpg
    DSC_0173.jpg

:):
    -Bryan