Deception Creek

scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
edited June 24, 2009 in Landscapes
Haven't posted in a while but I have been out exploring new locations. This past weekend I picked Deception Creek, which is what feeds the popular Deception Falls along Highway 2 on the way to Stevens Pass. Found a few nice areas so I think there's more potential. I already can't wait for winter to return to one of these spots for a nice wintery scene...

570515840_ThErD-XL.jpg

570514861_pvCgq-L.jpg

570515109_kDwxv-L.jpg

570516152_Uz5be-L.jpg

570515715_yoWro-L.jpg

Thanks for looking..

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    Nothing like forest greens and cascade whites in combination. Beautiful shots! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    really like the last one... i may have to try to get up there myself one of these days... how far up from the falls were these taken?
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Lovely colors and moving compositions. Nicethumb.gif
  • d7freestylerd7freestyler Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Great shots! I especially like the first one.

Nice work.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Smooth !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Thanks, everyone!
    squirl033 wrote:
    really like the last one... i may have to try to get up there myself one of these days... how far up from the falls were these taken?

The trailhead for this trail is located about a 1/4 mile east of the Deception Falls parking lot. Look for an obscure side road on the south side of the highway. Take this pothole ridden road about 0.3 miles to the official trailhead (which is directly underneath those powerlines). The first two photos were taken off the side of the trail within 200 yds of the trailhead. The remaining shots were taken off trail above the point where the trail crosses the creek on this bridge:

570532528_r28wM-L.jpg

There is a high point just off camera to the left. Just poke through the overflow channel to get around and on top of it.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Lovely series. I think #5 is definitely the best--belongs in a magazine!

Well done!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    scole wrote:
    Thanks, everyone!

The trailhead for this trail is located about a 1/4 mile east of the Deception Falls parking lot. Look for an obscure side road on the south side of the highway. Take this pothole ridden road about 0.3 miles to the official trailhead (which is directly underneath those powerlines). The first two photos were taken off the side of the trail within 200 yds of the trailhead. The remaining shots were taken off trail above the point where the trail crosses the creek on this bridge:

There is a high point just off camera to the left. Just poke through the overflow channel to get around and on top of it.

thanks, Steve! i love streams surrounded by green with mossy rocks and rapids... i'll have to check this out!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Agree with the others, the greens are gorgeous, beautiful shots.