richtersl wrote:
    "Five Squared"? headscratch.gif

:D
    thanks Linda!

although Stuart was good... :D

I am done, yeah!!!
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Sorry miss Donna, I just saw your thread...man........ it got buried.. there are so many being posted it is blowing my mind.

I like the name, I think I have seen real similar names entered already though.. just a thought..

Kat
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    dnie wrote:

:D
    thanks Linda!

although Stuart was good... :D

I am done, yeah!!!

Sorry this is late, but did you know "five by five" is a communications phrase meaning "I understand you perfectly" ?
    edited June 23, 2009
    Did not know that.. in what type of communications? sign language? i dunno.. never heard that before..:D
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Did not know that.. in what type of communications? sign language? i dunno.. never heard that before..:D

The military uses the phrase. When communicating from one listening station to another you can judge the communication by quality and strength. When you hear them perfectly, the call is 5 by 5.

I have been told that the 5 cell phone bars for signal strength are a kind of nod to this.
    Steve

Website
    edited June 23, 2009
    ohh awesome. Thanks.... I just learned something..rolleyes1.gif
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    MarkR wrote:
    Sorry this is late, but did you know "five by five" is a communications phrase meaning "I understand you perfectly" ?

Mark -
    Wow, that is very interesting. Never heard that term before. I love learning new stuff!

Kat -
    yes, I looked through and Jag's is a "squared" picture too. I don't think they will hate me for it, if the judges even notice. well... it is Diva, she will notice. Oh well... it is what it is at this point. Unless I think of something unreal kid of good.

Cygnus -
    When you hear them perfectly, the call is 5 by 5. I have been told that the 5 cell phone bars for signal strength are a kind of nod to this.
    That makes sense. thanks
    edited June 24, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    Mark -
    Wow, that is very interesting. Never heard that term before. I love learning new stuff!

Kat -
    yes, I looked through and Jag's is a "squared" picture too. I don't think they will hate me for it, if the judges even notice. well... it is Diva, she will notice. Oh well... it is what it is at this point. Unless I think of something unreal kid of good.

Cygnus -
    That makes sense. thanks

----

Hi Donna,,

How is bejeweled going? rolleyes1.gif... I bet your beyond addicted now.. I warned you to turn if off and run in the other direction, but you had to be a rebel. Whatever you do, don't start playing collapse, my mom got me addicted to that one..

I wanted to clarify.. I don't personally mind the name at all, I was just making sure you saw that.. Also, Jag is not the only one, the feet that are in the gallery are named similar too... not that it matters, just making sure you caught that..

Your clean up on it turned out nice..:Dmwink.gif They are very pretty..

I have always wanted brick glass in my bathroom with a huge step in garden tube.. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

ok back to reality..:D
    edited June 24, 2009
    I knew you didn't mean anything other than to let me know... don't worry. I am just blank in names and that sounded good. I could name it "Stuart"mwink.gif

I have always loved glass blocks. These were at a Subway in a gas station. I had seen some old ones in some old buildings downtown, but they just weren't right... tooo dirty! Didn't look rustic or old, just nasty.

The bejeweled I am playing is on Facebook, is a 1 minute game and I keep trying to beat my sister in laws (ex) score. Sghe is good. Haven't been there tonight though. I have to fight for computer time in this house. :D 2 teen boys, online games and the oldest's girlfriend that he chats with... I am low priority. BTW, been down the collapse road.. beat the game online and won't pay for it. Go to MSN games and try Chuzzle... that one will get you, or Cubis! that one will get ya!

ok, only 3-4 hours sleep last night and I have to be up in about 6 now, so I gotta get to bed. Have a good night!
    edited June 24, 2009
    you have a good night too... bummer on the computer time... fight for your rights.. haha..

Stuart.. hmm I don't get that one,, I will be giving it some thought for ya though..

Night night..:D
    Kat
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Awesome job Dona with your current entry - I like the title too thumb.gif

I'm wondering however why didn't you clean up the little thing on the lower right corner... headscratch.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited June 24, 2009
    photo-bug wrote:
    Awesome job Dona with your current entry - I like the title too thumb.gif

I'm wondering however why didn't you clean up the little thing on the lower right corner... headscratch.gif

The one in the gallery should be cleaned up. I'll go and check it, Thanks for mentioning it!.
    ohhh... the window sill is there. I didn't really think about it. I guess because I knew what it was. I'll see how it looks if I just fill in the bottom where that is. Thanks again
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    MarkR wrote:

It does also appear in some of the later seasons of Buffy... that's the only place I knew it from... oh the dorkitude...
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
    edited June 24, 2009
    okey dokey... reworked it, again... even though I wasn't gonna touch it again. Laughing.gif
    Tatiana, is this what you meant? Is it better? (I think so, but I don't see like you all do.:D )
    572769016_7wDhN-L.jpg
    edited June 24, 2009
    Yep Donna.... I have both up in front of me here on the computer and Tatiana's advice made it better.. I see where she was coming from because the reflection of the edge under the vase was not throughout and all the way across the bottom, so this make it look more consistent..
    Looks Good...thumb.gif
    edited June 24, 2009
    Thanks, I went in and cleaned around the edges while you were looking. I saw a bit of light at the top that I had missed somehow. I think I have put more in this one that anything except the book cover. Whew!

** It doesn't look like a frame does it? I don't want to get DQ'ed...
  • nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    HI Donna,

Theme-wise, it would be hard to beat your image. The only concern I have which may have already been mentioned is the flower sitting there. It can be looked at as adding an extra dimension to the image which makes it more interesting, or moving away from the theme a little bit. We all know these interpretations are all subjective. Over all, a very good image.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

edited June 24, 2009
    HI Donna,

Theme-wise, it would be hard to beat your image. The only concern I have which may have already been mentioned is the flower sitting there. It can be looked at as adding an extra dimension to the image which makes in more interesting, or moving away from the theme a little bit. We all know these interpretations are all subjective. Over all, a very good image.

Thanks Allen,
    yes, it was brought up in a previous thread. I tried it both ways and it just looks better with the flowers, I think. But I could be wrong... Laughing.gif, I often am.
    edited June 24, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    Thanks, I went in and cleaned around the edges while you were looking. I saw a bit of light at the top that I had missed somehow. I think I have put more in this one that anything except the book cover. Whew!

** It doesn't look like a frame does it? I don't want to get DQ'ed...

I don't know Donna..ne_nau.gif You might ask Kerry on that one if you are worried about it,, I can't say for sure...

Kat
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Hi Donna,

Don't worry, the flowers just help braking the pattern created by the squares, and
    save the photo of being boring because of too much repetition.

Everyting is OK. You did a very good job on it thumb.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited June 24, 2009
    photo-bug wrote:
    Hi Donna,

Don't worry, the flowers just help braking the pattern created by the squares, and
    save the photo of being boring because of too much repetition.

Everyting is OK. You did a very good job on it thumb.gif
    Thanks, yes, I think that is what bothered me with just the glass. That is all it was. it needed a pop.
    edited June 24, 2009
    I don't know Donna..ne_nau.gif You might ask Kerry on that one if you are worried about it,, I can't say for sure...

Kat

true, I may... hate to bother her. :D