Need Your Feedback Please

dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited June 25, 2009 in Landscapes
Mountain And City Views

I am thinking of entering this in the latest DSS challenge (Circle Or Square). What do you think?

Thanks

572082861_YrRwV-XL.jpg

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    I think it fits the theme well. Why is the sky that color? Did you use a filter?
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Thanks Mahesh. Yes, a straw gradient. I would like to hear your suggestions if you find it less than aesthetic. :D

Dan
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Thanks Mahesh. Yes, a straw gradient. I would like to hear your suggestions if you find it less than aesthetic. :D

Dan

Personally, I don't like the starw gradient. How does the sky look without it? Perhaps a straight grad ND filter effect, if the sky is too bright?
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
    edited June 23, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Personally, I don't like the starw gradient. How does the sky look without it? Perhaps a straight grad ND filter effect, if the sky is too bright?

Thanks. Appreciate your candor thumb.gif
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    I think it fits the theme nicely. The photo is quite crisp and sharp... I too would like to see how the sky looks without the filter but the rest of the photo color is great IMHO as it represents AZ color. Is that a cloud I see? If it is...can you bring it out more?
  • d7freestylerd7freestyler Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    I really like the picture, and in this case the straw gradient, but I don't feel a strong connection to the theme of the challenge with this shot. I see the squares, but I find myself too intrigued with the colors and sky/mountain to even notice them. ne_nau.gif

Just my $0.02.

(maybe I'm missing something?)
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    The first thing I thought when viewing this image was that it looks very cutoff at the bottom. Do you have any shots where you managed to get the whole house in?
    I agree with the others about the straw gradient. Overall this is a nice image but I think it could still use some work.
  • sixdaemonbagsixdaemonbag Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    I like the shot overall, but it really feels to me like the mountain is pulling the emphasis form the windows and you're losing the square.
    edited June 24, 2009
    Thanks everyone. I am going to shoot something else.

Dan
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    The color on the hillside is luscious! But the sky looks a bit strange and, like the others I'd like to see what it looks like without the filter.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited June 24, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    The first thing I thought when viewing this image was that it looks very cutoff at the bottom.

I'm late to the party, and know you're going to shoot something else, but I agree with Danny's comment. Either show all of the house, or none of it. In this case I think the whole house would add to the picture.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    I agree about whole house or no house !

i like colors of photos
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited June 24, 2009
    Thanks folks. Really good feedback thumb.gifthumb.gif

Dan
  • davemandaveman Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    A different perspective
    I would like this more if you cropped the sky completely out of the shot. I have rolled the picture up on my monitor until the sky is gone - and think it provides a pleasing comp.

I think that draws your attention much more to the glow on the hillside and the building. Not sure if it fits the contest...

Dave