Need C&C on NEW Idea (DSS28)

KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited June 23, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok, here's another idea that I was playing with but had to wait 'till I was back in town. I feel like I'm grasping at straws with this challenge.

Tentatively titled "Obsolete".

572134504_NAC6N-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.
— Kevin
Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book

Comments

• dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    what ever happened to the sewer cover idea? Someone knock it down? I liked it.
    ne_nau.gif
    This one is good too. Not as strong theme wise but it does hit it with the windows. I love old buildings anyway.

Ok, if you need anymore ideas for new ones, let me know... my son just gave me an idea. I am not going to even start over now. and it would be hard.
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Very theme worthy, I like it much more than the sewer cover!

I'm debating whether the effect is too much. Wonder what it would look like to bring down the effect just a smidge. ne_nau.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Wow,,, Right on theme...that's for sure.. and a refreshing take too, there are a lot of circles being entered...

Always have admired your post-processing and this is no exception..thumb.gif

It is so well shot, I am having to hunt for nit picks..headscratch.gifscratchheadscratch.gif

The "sky is gorgeous" and really pulls the composition in nice with those indigo windows...

So,, my nits are with the shadows ,and not because they make that big of a deal, but because well, I have to give something for dropping by.. haha.:D

No seriously on a level of polish it up, because that is really all it needs being so well shot and processed, I would say lift that shadow on the front facing right hand corner brick.

I personally would mask out the shadow on the garage door only because it distracts a little, even though it is perfectly natural.. and get rid of that cable or piping up front under the blue windows..

And for enhancements > see that light blue gravel up front to the left?, if it was me, I would brush some more of that in towards the building to ground the composition..

There is just a tiny bit of blowout on the white panel below the loft by the blue windows, The one with stripes,,,,,,,,,,perhaps mask those in with the ones above them that match by the loft..

This is all really just super nit picking for polish though, because it really could be entered as is, and remain a strong entry.. Nice Work,,

It is a superb shot...thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Kat

Edit: of course now that I am re-looking at that shadow on the garage door, I am thinking it may look good all darker blue like the shadow too... would have to see it to be able to tell.
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    :D funny how different everyone sees the same things.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Hi Kevin,

This second photo has much more to say than the cover. I'm glad you changed your mind :)

The noise is somehow intriguing but looking more, I find it quite interesting... not very sure...

- something is missing though headscratch.gif maybe some contrast, maybe some small accents...

Very nice idea and shot though...
    I would play around trying some different versions.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Ok, the grainy effect is really growing on me now...rolleyes1.gif

I should have learned by now to sit on image before commenting.:D
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!