Harvest

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited June 24, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This showed up in the 180 acre field next to me this morning, by lunch they were done.

572163155_kYVir-XL.jpg

They were going in opposite directions.

571994199_4sxDR-XL.jpg

Loading the trucks.

571992777_q7Wzc-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    I like the colors in the first one and the lower half reminds me of monster teeth! I really like the field in the second one with the color and sway of the wheat.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Oh my...harvest time -- allergy time too. The first machine -- its a swather isn't it? Looks brand new -- there is still plastic on the seats. Those are spendie pieces of machinery.

Really good photos Azzaro thumb.gif

Get ready for the deer and pheasants. They will be eating all the leftovers :D
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Hi Azzaro! I haven't been around much lately but am trying to get back to DGrin and I looked for your latest shots. I really, really like the second one--wonderful story and I can just feel the breeze in the wheat. Very nice!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    I like the colors in the first one and the lower half reminds me of monster teeth! I really like the field in the second one with the color and sway of the wheat.

Hi Eia.......Thanks for the comment.......It looked like monster teeth to me when I shot it....... azzaro
    edited June 24, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Hi Azzaro! I haven't been around much lately but am trying to get back to DGrin and I looked for your latest shots. I really, really like the second one--wonderful story and I can just feel the breeze in the wheat. Very nice!

Lauren

Hi Lauren.......Thanks for dropping in... and the nice comment.... When will you start posting again ... We miss seeing your work?????? azzaro
    edited June 24, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Oh my...harvest time -- allergy time too. The first machine -- its a swather isn't it? Looks brand new -- there is still plastic on the seats. Those are spendie pieces of machinery.

Really good photos Azzaro thumb.gif

Get ready for the deer and pheasants. They will be eating all the leftovers :D

No deer or pheasant around me, but there are coyote, roadrunners and javelina and the javenila have already been in there. Swather.. I believe it is. I am a city boy that came to this lifestyle late in life.
    azzaro
  • tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    the second shot really sucked me in there.... lovely, i can almost smell it.
    edited June 24, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    No deer or pheasant around me, but there are coyote, roadrunners and javelina and the javenila have already been in there. Swather.. I believe it is. I am a city boy that came to this lifestyle late in life.
    azzaro

Javenila?

I'm a city girl, but there were farmers in the family. So spending time on the farm during harvest time was the norm for me. :D
    edited June 24, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Javenila?

I'm a city girl, but there were farmers in the family. So spending time on the farm during harvest time was the norm for me. :D

Javelina, is pig looking animal that really isn't a pig but a Peccary. They run about 3 to 4 feet long and are about 20 inches tall and weigh between 50 to maybe 70 pounds. They are hunted by mountain lions and people. Some people even eat them. In my openion they define the word ugly.....:D azzaro
    edited June 24, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Javelina, is pig looking animal that really isn't a pig but a Peccary. They run about 3 to 4 feet long and are about 20 inches tall and weigh between 50 to maybe 70 pounds. They are hunted by mountain lions and people. Some people even eat them. In my openion they define the word ugly.....:D azzaro

No photos of this beauty :D Sounds like a mean little bugger -- kind of like a Badger.
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    No photos of this beauty :D Sounds like a mean little bugger -- kind of like a Badger.

They have tusk and can rip you apart if they get ahold of you. You can make fantastic tamales out of them though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peccary

http://www.hunting-in-texas.com/javelina-info.htm
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
    edited June 24, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:

Never had a camera with me when I saw one.....I did have a friend that was standing next to his horse and one charged him.......He had a pistol with him and scared it off..... Google Javelina and I am sure you will find a pic.
    azzaro.........
    edited June 24, 2009
    Oh my, a creature only its Momma could love :D

I wonder if these are the same pigs that are such a bother around my Aunts ranch in Texas??? When you go out you need to go out in two's and carry a gun. She calls them wild pigs. Wonder if there is a difference. Sure would hate to come across one of them -- I don't have a gun to scare it off.

Sorry to get off topic of our photos Azzaro -- again really good photos thumb.gifthumb.gif
    edited June 24, 2009
    the second shot really sucked me in there.... lovely, i can almost smell it.

Thanks for looking and the nice comment..... azzaro